"One Floor Down, 191"

Chapter 5: "One Floor Down, 191"

Back in the block, on one of the last floors of the building, a plan had been formulated.

The group that was stuck in the weed-room had reacted quickly to what Moses had been saying. His talk about leading the aliens to a new location was crazy, but also very interesting . Both Pest and Jerome had objected loudly, but were quickly shut-up by Talia - with a glare that could curdle milk. Sam and Brewis were unsure.

At that moment, they had all situated themselves in various positions around the weed-room. They started in on the tasks assigned to them by Moses.

Sam had collected clothes from everyone, only taking items that were non-contaminated by the original alien's blood and pheromones. Once she'd done that, Sam changed into the clothes, ducking down behind several large cannabis plants to do so.

Brewis had unhooked one of the UV lights from the ceiling overhead. When Sam has emerged from changing clothes, he began the long and arduous process of double-checking every item she was donning. Sam silently and slowly turned her whole body, so Brewis could do said check, all whilst enduring the bright light being shone in her face.

"You look clean." Brewis commented, staring at Sam. The pale man had gashes covering his face, from where Pest had accidentally hit him with a baseball bat earlier.

A high Pest chimed in, "You look good."

His arm received a light tap from Talia, "I swear if you weren't so funny sometimes." She was kidding completely, knowing that he was just being a dork.

Pest winked at her, "Not to mention good in bed," He laughed at the flush that rose to her cheeks, his gaze that of a dopey boy in love.

Sam felt her lips twitch at the couple's interaction. The two were adorable, but not what she should be focusing on. She turned to Brewis, "I bet my life we're right about this."

Talia spoke up loudly, "I'd like to ask that none of us bet anyone's lives, especially our own." She sent a warning look to Moses, Jerome and Pest, skipping over Brewis completely - as he was still holding the large light that hurt her eyes to look at.

Brewis apologised once more to Nurse Samantha, "I'd go out myself, I swear down, if I was not so profoundly stoned." His eyes were glazed, revealing just how high he was. Still, they held a look of pleading.

Pest was serious when he added a, "Likewise."

Out of the corner of Pest's eye, he noticed Talia staring at the floor. She had a dark look on her face. Pest nudged her shoulder lightly, asking her to look at him. Generally, Talia was the one who was better with their emotions, especially when it came to keeping them in check. However, the events of the night were slowly catching up with her, and so came the negative feelings associated with them. Pest tugged Talia towards him, tucking her smaller form into his own. He let her rest her head on his shoulder.

All he had to do was kiss the crown of her head, and Talia relaxed enough to talk about what was bothering her. "I can go Pest, I can." Talia whispered into his neck. The stoned teenager felt a few tears land on his slender neck.

Pest gently brought their faces to the same level, "I can't lose you." It seemed that the sentence was more powerful than he had anticipated, his words stunning Talia into freezing in place.

A hushed moment later, Talia was pushing her face closer to his; desperate to kiss him. Taking her not-so-subtle hint, Pest pressed their lips together passionately. He kissed her as if their lives depended on it. Or, like they might never kiss again.