"Allow It"

Chapter 6: "Allow It"

There were about three things running through the young American, Talia's, head throughout that night. The night of the invasion, that is.

The first thing was simple; her dad.

Joseph was a hard-working, single dad that was always gone and never, ever there for his daughter physically and emotionally. This stemmed from the death of his girlfriend (Talia's mother, Teresa) whilst Talia was still an infant. After losing the love of his life, he became distant. In fact, Joseph was working that night, and God was she grateful he was.

The second thing was the fact that if they died, this had to be the weirdest/coolest way to go out.

The third thing that plagued Talia's thought was her amazing(ly high) boyfriend, Pest. She loved him, so much, she truly did. But to be completely honest, she hated his nickname. Pest was sure as hell annoying, but to have to call her own boyfriend Pest? He hated his real name, the one he was given at birth, said it reminded of things he'd rather forget. The only times she ever called him by his first name was for one of two reasons; she was either hella pissed, or they were having incredible sex. Not many people even remembered his name anyway; they all just call him Pest.

Now Talia was not sure about why these thoughts were plaguing her thoughts this night, but she was sure glad they were. They were the only things that were keeping her sane.

Her dad, the thought of dying in the coolest way possible and her Pest.

"Allow it."

Moses had said those words. They'd been said before. Every time they did, shit happening was inevitable.

There was an intense moment of silence as Moses mentally prepared himself for the moment he had to start running. He had the ugly ass alien strapped to his back, the katana in his right hand, bangers in the left. Moses' eyes were fixed, trained onto the door in front of him. It was now or never.

The sound of a lighter being switched on was the go sign; Pest had his jacket on, hood and all, his bandana around his mouth. He quickly lit the fireworks and faced the door. Moments before the fireworks escaped his grasp, Brewis had banged down the door of the weed room, opening it wide.

The fireworks were let loose down the hall, providing enough noise and smell to distract the seemingly blind aliens in the room over.

Pest ducked to where his girlfriend, friend and newest friend stood, to the side of the doorway, letting his best friend have the way.

Life was in slow motion, and once the smoke cleared it was made obvious how fast Moses was running. He jumped and the alien's head hit the top of the door frame. He launched himself over the aliens themselves, landing on an armchair or two, knocking them clean over. Moses' heart was beating faster than the bass on a dubstep song.

As alien heads turned up at the smell of the female's pheromones, they all roared and followed; desperate to find and kill what has the female captured. Their glowing jaws opened wide and the furry, black creatures ran on all fours, scrambling to get closer to the scent. They chased the teen out of the apartment, all bumping into each other in their haste.

Moses launched himself down the flight of stairs, the banger in his mouth. He had run so fast that he ran straight into the wall, but did not acknowledge the pain that ran up and down his side at the force behind that slam. He heard the aliens' right behind him and for a second he thought of Talia.

She was perfect for Pest. She loved him. She needed him and he needed her. And after all, Moses would do anything for his best friend.

He jumped the last few steps, desperate to get to his apartment before the aliens got to him. By the time Moses made it to his hallway, he had began to remove the straps to the bag on his back. It was a straight, full on sprint now. A literal race for his life.

And there it was. Apartment no. 191.

It stunk of gas.

Moses kicked the door open with as much force as he could, quickly throwing the alien on the floor. The aliens raced after it and he raced to the hatch that lead to the kitchen. Opening the hatch, Moses ran to the sliding doors which lead to the balcony. He opened the door, quickly slung his katana onto his back, and brought up in front of him the banger and the lighter.

He clicked at the lighter again and again, trying to focus on the task at hand, whilst trying to block out the aliens screeches. When it finally lit, he put the flame to the banger and let her rip.

The aliens were at the hatch, in the living room, all trying to get closer.

It was now that the firework set off and exploded into the kitchen in sparks. Sparks which lead to the larger explosion that caused the teenager to jump out, off the balcony.

All those downstairs let out cries and shrieks of surprise and horror at the sight of the explosion. Nurse Samantha stood to the left of Dennis and the four girls, who all shaded their eyes against the blast.

Sirens wailed, as more and more firemen, ambulances and police were called in.

Sam covered her mouth and tears once again welled up in her eyes. She clenched her eyes shut and felt Dennis' hand on her shoulder.

"Is that Moses?"

"Moses!"

And it was. Hanging by the flag of the United Kingdom, the great nation that it was, was the hero of the night, Moses. Her was desperately trying to stay attached to the flag, his breathing so ragged her felt he could pass out there. A helicopter got closer to the building and shone it's light on him, making him have to look down to avoid the brightness.

Sam let out a breath of astonishment as she watched. There he was, 15-year-old gang member, Moses was hanging by the flag of their nation with only one shoe attached to his feet.

His struggled as he turned, grasping at the balcony he was hanging from, trying to pull himself up desperately.

And he did just that. Moses pulled himself up, making everyone let out a gasp of happiness.

Back inside Wyndham, five people slowly made their way down a smoke-filled hallway, wandering towards the lifts.

Jerome was limping, his side bandaged but bleeding slightly and incredibly painful. Ron was slowly behind the rest, carrying no weapon, so he was weary. Brewis held what looked to be a large, wooden broom, wielding the object like a bat. He was also pants less, as he had given his jeans to Sam. Talia was next, holding Pest's metal baseball bat, her eyes tired and last, but not least, was Pest himself, limping along in front.

Wielding a rolling-pin as his dangerous weapon.

The five slowed to a stop, spotting shadows in the smoke.

Ron sighed deeply, "Oh shit."

"Fuck," was Jerome's only answer.

"Is that more of the monsters?" Brewis was both high, and confused.

Pest brought Talia into his chest, hugging her as he muttered, "Sort of," as he watched the shadows draw nearer.

The outlines of about five men with guns pointed at them emerged, all shouting variations of; "Armed police! Weapons down! Down on the ground!"

Talia was forced to the floor, with Pest's arms wrapped protectively around her body. They laid with the rest of their small group, avoiding anymore confrontation.

More armed police stood in front of the only working elevator, weapons pointed at the doors. The lift finally reached it's destination and dinged as the doors opened.

Moses stood there, in front of the dead bodies that Hi-Hatz had put there, with his katana in his hand and a grim look upon his face. As he listened to the cries of "put your weapons down" from the police, he sighed.

Of course they weren't gonna think him a hero.

He placed his arms behind his head and was lead outside.