Chapter 8- Truth

"I have never been this nervous in my life." I told roman as we pulled into his driveway. "What if she doesn't like me?"

Roman chuckled. "I love you, so she'll love you but there's a few things I must warn you about." He parked and turned to me grabbing both my hands and looking into my eyes. "She absolutely can read your mind."

I was not so much shocked, as I was intimidated. I mean could she dig thru your memories or only see what you thought at the present? Could she recognize what thoughts were reality and which were imaginary? Could she see your dreams while you slept? Was there a range for her being able to access your mind? Did she have to see you, or touch you? So many questions.

"Hey killer. What are you thinking? Talk to me." Roman searches my eyes looking a little less confident than usual.

"Just like does she need to touch you or look at you? Can she tell what thoughts are real or memories of shows or dreams? Can she dig thru your mind? Can you see her thoughts? I mean .... wow." I looked at the house wondering if she were listening to us right now.

"How scary for a little girl, to see in the mind of adults." I looked back to Roman.

All of a sudden I wanted to meet this little girl more than anything. I had to protect her from the world and show her beautiful things and thoughts. No doom and gloom like she's been exposed to. I wanted to meet this little miracle of a girl and show her how happy life could be.

"I already love her and want to protect her and show her all the beauty in the world and I haven't even met her." I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

Roman beamed at me, pulling me in for a passionate kiss. He pulled away slightly and then nuzzled his cheek against mine before whispering, "how is it possible to love someone so much? How did I ever survive without you?"

"I think I'd die if I lost you." I said without thinking and felt my stomach somersault when I realized what I'd just said. I smiled and pulled back to look at his perfect face. "Are you perfect, or do I just think so because I love you so?"

"I'm pretty perfect honestly. I mean look at this bone structure," he said laughing. "You ready to meet her? She already knows you're here. She's waiting for us."

I squealed and jumped out of the car, leaving everything inside and running over to the front door. Roman made his way over, much more casually as I hopped up and down nearly bursting with enthusiasm.

"Ok breathe." He said as he opened the door.

The house was very modern and the decor kind of dark and dreary. It had a dark foreboding feeling and wasn't at all welcoming or warm. It kind of felt like another museum house, but that was fixable. Most guys decorate this way. Roman just was fabulously wealthy so it looked more intentional and artsy.

There was a man cooking something in the kitchen that smelled amazing. I guess this must be the chef and discreetly scan of the area for a child, but could see none. I also noted there weren't any toys or signs of a child in the home. No toys or highchair, or tiny shoes or clothing to be seen. No pictures of an actual people. Just art. That was the first thing I was going to do. Get a cute picture of Roman and Nadia and display it in a nice frame. I wonder if she looks like him. Does she have his full pillow lips and soulful eyes, or does she favor her mother? I Donely seen a single picture of Letha when I've searched for info on Roman.

Letha was beautiful. She had long golden hair, big blue eyes, and soft feminine features. She had a kind smile in the photograph that you could see shined out through her eyes as well. She was beautiful light that was welcoming and warm. She made you feel like she would be your best friend and cry at the movies. The type of glorious beauty that creeps up on you like a sunrise.