xii. wearing more than most

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

chapter twelve;
" wearing more than most "

chapter twelve;" wearing more than most "

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

"can you stop rushing me?" the blonde asked as she spoke into the phone, standing in front of her closet and going through each hanger individually.

"no, hurry up," corbyn's voice sounded through the room, coming from the phone set to speaker.

evy didn't reply to that and continued to look through her closet, not having a single idea as to what to wear.

"wait," she dropped her hands to her sides, "shouldn't we wear costumes since it's a halloween party?"

she heard a chuckle come from the line as she plopped down onto the bed, making sure to not land on the phone itself, "we aren't in kindergarten lyn."

"that just takes the fun away," she frowned to herself, "its a halloween party! halloween, you know, costumes, scary costumes, more costumes!"

"just throw on something random, we're late anyways," corbyn sighed, saying a quick 'hurry up' and hanging up.

the girl threw on an outfit she thought was appropriate and brushed through her hair once more before checking the bare minimum of makeup on her face.

this wasn't her and this wasn't something she ever saw herself doing on a friday night.

evy would have rathered to coop herself up in her room and do something she'd actually enjoy, though it doesn't take too much to bribe her into stuff.

with a simple bribe of taking her out to food the next day and letting her pick whatever she wanted, corbyn had her agreeing to going with him in no time.

the girl still didn't see herself and the blonde as proper friends, they never really established where they were standing on their road of knowing each other, though she couldn't deny the fact that he was putting in the effort.

walking down the stairs, she assured her parents once more that she was going to indiana's house for the night and slipped out the door.

evy did all she could to try and have her best friend by her side, but corbyn explained to her how the host — his 'group's' friend, eben — didn't even want any high schoolers at the party; having the group as an exception, and she understood.

turning to her left she spotted corbyn's car a few houses down and made her way over, trying to escape the cold bitterness of the late evening, almost night.

"this is too basic isn't it?" she huffed the second she sat down, buckling herself with the seatbelt.

"i mean it's cute," corbyn shrugged and started up the engine.

"i knew it," she sighed and hit her head off the headrest, "i don't know how to do this party thing and how to dress so i took this and just thought it was cute but now i know it's not and i'll just look stupid. i don't fit and i shouldn't even be going, can you just turn around and drop me off back home?"

a chuckled slipped past the blonde teen's lips as she shook his head looking at the girl beside him.

"you're cute when you ramble," he winked at her, reaching over and gently patting her knee before taking his hand back to put it on the steering wheel.

evelyn closed her eyes and let her head hang low, "this is a bad idea isn't it?"

"no, it's great," he tried to reassure her, sparing a quick look her way, "just like your jacket."

the evident smirk on his face made evy roll her eyes and gently hit his shoulder, "it was the only thing that matched okay?"

"sure sure," he laughed, slowing down as he neared a house with way too many cars parked in front, "you're wearing more than most girls will be and that's good."

"well someone's got rich parents," evy murmured to herself, partially ignoring corbyn as she looked at the house in front of her.

the two teenagers left the car and walked side by side up to the house, neither saying a single word at first.

evy's stress and anxiety levels were starting to go up to uncontrollable levels and her heart rate picked up to a rather not everyday state.

"so," corbyn clapped his hands as they reached the door, "ready to live a little lyn?"

"not really, no," she took a deep breath as she replied in a voice oozing with uncertainty, "can we go back home now?"

~~~

wc; 755
september 8th 2019, 2:36pm

~~~

i've been possessed
these are just getting sloppier
and sloppier okay damn