xxxi. lovestruck

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

chapter thirty one;
" lovestruck "

chapter thirty one;" lovestruck "

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

"jack's complaining," hayley sighed with her back against the headrest of the resort's bed.

"when isn't he?" luna snorted from beside her, flicking through the channels on the room's tv, "what is it this time?"

running a hand through her hair, the brunette laughed to herself, "he's sharing a bed with corbyn, that's all."

"oh, d's complaining about blondie too," luna looked at the girl sitting beside her before both of them began to laugh.

evy finally pulled her eyes away from the messages opened up on her phone, turning her head to the side to see the now three girls laughing together.

switching her phone off she put it on the mattress beside her, "what's he doing?"

"funny of you to ask," chloe wiggled her eyebrows at the blonde, a teasing yet innocent smirk playing at her lips.

"lover boy over there," luna started up as she calmed down from her laughter, "he's going on about how unfair it is that he couldn't get a room with you."

evy let out an excessively fake laugh while her face remained straight, "you're so funny."

with a dramatic gasp and a hand shooting up to her heart, luna mocked a look of her on
her face, "but i'm serious."

"she's too lovestruck to believe you," hayley patted the girl's back in support, joining in on the little act.

soon enough, both girls got hit with a pillow, which conveniently came flying from evelyn's direction.

"seriously though," chloe caught the pillow before it could hit evy back, "you two are adorable."

"my heart isn't taking it anymore," hayley looked up at the ceiling as she spoke in a daydreaming tone.

luna slid down the bed, putting herself in a position in which she was laying down with her back to the mattress, "i demand to be present at the child's birth."

"what you all need," evy fixed her hair, looking away from all three pairs of eyes, "is sleep, it's past your bedtimes."

"what we all need," hayley mocked her, sitting up and folding her arms, "is corvy to finally happen."

"corvy," the blonde slowly repeated, dragging out each letter of the word, an unsure undertone evident in her voice, "yeah, i don't think so."

"do you want me to die in misery?" chloe's serious tone caught her off guard as she rapidly shook her head, "exactly, then get with him."

"why..." the girl started before sighing and cutting herself off and after a deep breath, she continued, "why are you so obsessed?"

all the girls started to talk all at once, one talking over the other and evy found it hard to understand any of them.

a quiet knock on the room's door was heard in between the mild argument, though no one seemed to hear it apart from the blonde.

huffing to herself, she lifted herself up off the bed and slid into her slippers, making her way to the door.

the moment she twisted the lock and opened the door, she was met with a grinning blonde guy standing on the other side.

corbyn slid in past her and forced her to close the door as soon as he walked in, slipping his shoes off and putting them side by side with all the other pairs belonging to the girls.

"what are you doing here?" she stammered, still wondering how he managed to manoeuvre between rooms without any of the teachers catching him.

the four teachers took on the two floors in which all the teens were on, they walked up
and down the hallways, patrolling them and making sure nobody slipped out of their assigned rooms.

no one knew if they'd be doing it all through he night in shifts, though most knew it was better than to risk anything.

"spending the night," he deadpanned, shrugging his shoulders and reaching the bed area, throwing himself onto the space on which evy previously was sitting.

the talking in the room came to a stop as all attention was poured towards corbyn, the man in question having four pairs of confused and shocked eyes on him.

"wait," hayley broke though the silence after a moment, "so does this team that half of jack's bed is free now?"

"yup," the blonde nodded, still innocently smiling up at evelyn.

with wide eyes, the girl jumped up from her spot, "i'm out."

luna quickly followed in suit, rushing over to where hayley was already putting her shoes on, "i'm coming with you."

catching the two before they could leave, chloe moved over to the now free bed and peeked her head out from around the corner of the wall.

"can you tell zach to sneak over while you're there?" she asked with puppy dog eyes, "i don't want to third wheel and he probably won't like fifth wheeling."

shooting her a thumbs up, the two rushed out the door and headed towards the room a couple of doors down the hallway.

"look at what you caused," evy stood over the bed with her arms on her hips, glaring at corbyn.

shrugging, her continued to look up at her, smiling so wide that it was reaching his ears at this point, "oopsies."

~~~

wc; 877
september 28th 2019, 8:27pm

~~~

i wrote this with a bandaged
thumb so excuse any mistakes

i tried fixing them all🥺