xxv. pancake kisses

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

chapter twenty five;
" pancake kisses "

chapter twenty five;" pancake kisses "

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

the next morning, evy was woken up by the beeping of an alarm.

forcing her eyes to open up, she barely lifted her head to see corbyn attempting to turn his phone off.

"get your damn foot off of my face," she grunted, pushing his foot off with a glare.

the blonde was sleeping vertically along the bed, his top half clearly hanging down before the alarm woke the both of them up.

"how the hell," confusion laced his voice as he rubbed his eyes, looking around the room.

"your feet stink," evy cringed, lifting herself to lean against the headboard, stretching her arms out in front of her, "why do you even wear socks to bed?"

corbyn side-eyed her, rubbing the back of his neck as he moved it around in circular motions, "it's a thing, okay?"

out of nowhere, the girl reached behind her head to pull her pillow out from under herself, whacking corbyn with it straight afterwards.

"why do you need a freaking alarm?" she slurred, sounding as if she was semi-drunk, though the only thing she felt was tiredness.

squinting his eyes, he turned his head to look at her and stated in a blunt tone, "daily morning workouts."

"it's the weekend," evy whined in response, already scrambling out of bed to not be as close to him anymore, "i need my sleep."

"daily morning workouts, lyn," the blonde spoke as if she was a child, "saturday is a day."

as the girl took random clothes from her closet and made her way for the bathroom, she turned around just before she reached the door and stuck her tongue out at corbyn, "shut up."

after getting herself ready and giving her reflection a quick pep talk, evy made her way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

taking out random ingredients to make breakfast for the two of them, she got to work, zoning out and focusing on what she was doing.

"smells nice," corbyn's voice had a slight hum to it as it got louder.

evelyn looked over her shoulders, catching the boy's eyes before turning her focus back towards the pan, "that's some super speed workout."

the blonde let out a single-syllable chuckle, walking to the other side of the kitchen island and standing side by side against the girl, "i deserve a day off sometimes, don't i?"

the girl nodded to herself, flipping the last pancake she made and transferring it onto the plate beside her.

corbyn eyed the metal bowl on the counter, the unused batter on its edges calling out for him.

licking his lips, he dipped his finger into the bowl and dragged his finger along the side.

"you should open up a pancake place," he almost moaned after clearing off his finger, "call it lyn's pancakes."

"you idiot," evy gasped, hitting him on the upper arm with the kitchen cloth she held in her hand, "that's raw and i'm not taking responsibility for your food poisoning."

the boy just laughed at the wooden spoon being pointed in his way, "oh no, i'm scared."

"well you sh-," evy got cut off by feeling a moist, smooth mixture making contact with her cheek.

cringing, she backed up into the island, "that finger was in your mouth."

"it was," the blonde confirmed, taking a step forward and practically caging the girl in.

immediately, her expression dropped and her whole demeanour changed.

corbyn smirked without even trying to hide it, enjoying seeing evelyn flustered because of something he did.

not able to register how and when it happened, evy shut her eyes the moment she saw his smirk slowly drop, his face distractedly leaning in closer.

the two long seconds dragged out before the girl felt a slight pressure against her lips.

even though she struggled at the start and was slightly lost, within a moment she tried to keep up.

her eyelids that were screwed shut, relaxed themselves and her shoulders gently sagged after being tensed up.

corbyn was the first to pull his head back from the kiss, rubbing the small splatter of batter off of evy's cheeks with the hand that he held against it.

"you had a little something," he almost whispered, his voice soft as he looked down at the blonde.

evy's eyes fluttered open and the two immediately made eye contact, "did i?"

her tone was breathy and her voice was high pitched, which only made corbyn's smirk come back.

"pancake kisses are kinda cool," he tapped his finger against her nose and pointed behind him to the plate of ready pancakes, "you hungry?"

~~~

wc; 808
september 22nd 2019, 2:02pm

~~~

i rewrote this damn chapter 5 times cause i just couldn't get it right.

this is basically the 6th version.

anyways there we have it folks.

#westancorvy