xxxiii. gate to hell

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

chapter thirty three;
" gate to hell "

chapter thirty three;" gate to hell "

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

"shut up," evy grumbled under her breath as the group walked back into the resort.

the sound of obnoxious laughter and thigh slapping filled her ears as she walked ahead of everyone else.

"you just-" jack cut himself off with his own laughter, "face planted."

"right into the snow," his girlfriend, hayley, joined in with him, clutching onto his shoulder with one arm as the other wrapped around her stomach.

pressing the button beside the elevator, the blonde sighed, "it's not that funny."

corbyn slid up beside her, leaning against the wall beside the metal doors with his arms crossed and eyes directed at the girl.

"it kind of is," he shrugged, having his pointer finger immediately shoot up to stop her from complaining, "but it was also cute."

looking up at the teen with a straight face and blank eyes, evy stayed silent until the doors spread open and the large group tried cramming everyone inside at once.

"hey," corbyn spoke up again, nudging the blonde's shoulder, slightly bending his knees to level out their height, "at least you're not injured."

evelyn couldn't help but roll her eyes while avoiding eye contact, the tip of her nose still hurting from the hit.

the teens waited until they heard a quick beep and watched as the metal doors slid apart, all of them walking out into the hallway.

everyone walked off to their rooms, and in the meantime, corbyn grabbed evy's hand as the two were still in the very back of the elevator.

leading her in the opposite way of everyone else, the two walked towards a corner at the end of the hall, no one remotely realising the two separated themselves from them.

turning the corner, the girl followed him over towards a double glass door and watched as he opened it up.

"and this is?" a sceptical eyebrow shot up as her voice drawled out, losing itself in the buzz of all the other teens coming back.

"gate to hell," he replied, shooting her a look over his shoulder and pushing the doors causing them to open.

both of them stepped out as the coldness of the air immediately greeted them, corbyn making sure to close both doors behind him.

folding his arms over the metal railing of the balcony, the blonde overlooked the scenery in front of him, "found this a few minutes after we got here."

evy noted his slightly daydreaming voice as she cautiously took a few steps closer to him.

once both of them were bracing themselves against the edge of the balcony, a silence consumed them.

"it's nice," the girl whispered, her eyes roaming the view in front of her, dancing around from left to right.

corbyn lifted one of evy's hands and only put it back on top of the railing when he had made himself caged in.

he looked down at her, a small smile daring to come onto his face with the corners of his lips twitching.

"you sure your nose doesn't hurt too much?" the teasing under-lace in his voice accompanied by the smirk didn't go unnoticed by the girl as she let out a snort.

"oh, you know," the blonde looked off into the distance with a mocking thinking expression plastered onto her face, "of course it does, you idiot."

all corbyn managed to do was hum in question, still unable to tear his eyes away from the shorter girl standing in front of him, "really?"

his hand shot out to the small of her back and in one swift movement their positions switched, evy letting out a short squeal in the process.

without a trace of hesitation, the teen leaned down and allowed his lips to connect with evelyn's.

for the second time in the span of their friendship, the two found themselves kissing and neither felt the need to stop it, because as much as they'd both like to deny it; it felt right.

finally, and reluctantly, the blonde pulled away while his eyes still casted themselves downwards, boring into evy's blue ones.

"still hurts?" his breathy and shaky voice spoke up, both of them staying rooted in their spots.

clearing her throat before speaking, the girl ran a hand through her hair, "not really, no."

their moment could've lasted longer, if it wasn't for a a bunch of teenagers practically glued onto the glass door with goofy smiles on their faces.

~~~

wc; 795
october 10th 2019, 8:48pm

~~~

i will not make a 10/10 joke