xlv. who's that chick?

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

chapter forty five;
' who's that chick? '

chapter forty five;' who's that chick? '

✩。:*•.──.•*:。✩

"you know," corbyn spoke up from the floor, where he was leaning his back against the side of evy's bed, "i was thinking about christmas recently."

"what about it?" the blonde asked, lying on her stomach on the bed while she played with her boyfriend's hair.

the two watched disney movies for a couple of hours, until tiredness took over them and the decided to sit around in the darkness.

"well, it's coming up," he stated with a small shrug, trying his best to look up at the girl on top of the bed.

evy let a single chuckle slip past her lips as she rolled off the bed and sat down beside him, turning on her light with the remote and dimming it down all the way to minimum.

"yeah no way," she suspiciously looked him up and down with a smile on her face, "i didn't realise, you know."

corbyn wrapped his arm around the girl's shoulders and slightly pulled her closer to him, giving her the opportunity to cuddle into him, "okay mrs. sarcastic."

they both smiled at each other for a second or two before looking down at their laps and letting a silence loom over them.

"so, what were you thinking?" evy finally brought up, taking a hold of corbyn's hand and tracing patterns over his palm.

"first of all," he cleared his throat, "i need to figure out what i should buy for a certain girl named evelyn."

evy nodded to herself and crossed her arms, dropping corbyn's hand and letting it fall onto his lap, "and who's that chick?"

for a while, the two just stared at each other until they simultaneously began to laugh, shaking her heads at themselves in mock disappointment.

"we're turning into that couple," corbyn shook his head, faint traces of laughter still weaved in with his voice, "stop."

"yeah, we should stop," evy agreed and leaned further into the teen.

after yet another moment of a comfortable silence between them, the blonde looked up at the teen again, "but in all honesty, all i need is a merry christmas text in the morning and i'll be happy."

dismissing her with a lazy wave of his hand, corbyn stared in front of himself, straight at the photo of a young evelyn with her mother.

"but on the other hand," the blonde cleared his throat again, "i was thinking that maybe we could somehow spend a part of christmas together?"

his words sounded more-so as a question than a statement, a hopeful glint seeping through the look he was giving his girlfriend.

looking up at him, she just hummed and laced her eyebrows together, trying to figure out what exactly was coursing through his mind.

"i mean i know christmas is really important and stuff," he quickly cleared up, "but i was thinking about spending the day after together, or something."

evelyn watched him as he rubbed the back of his neck, an unsure look in his eyes as he looked straight down at her.

"i'd genuinely love that," she reassuringly smiled up at corbyn, a mere second away from going in for a hug.

almost instantly, realisation struck upon her as she refrained from the embrace and slightly leaned back, "but parents."

"you've met my mom already," corbhn tried to reason with her, an encouraging undertone in the tone he was using, "and actually, this was partly her idea; so mine are fine with it."

evy nodded and out of habit, started nervously playing around with her fingers, lacing them together and playing with the sleeves of corbyn's hoodie that she was still wearing.

"you don't have to agree," his extremely soft tone snapped her out of her little daze, one of his hands running itself up and down her arm, "it was just a suggestion."

"no," the blonde countered back after a second, straightening herself up with a grin stretched across her lips, "that's a great idea."

"so you'd consider asking about it?" the hopeful gleam was back into his voice as corbyn pushed himself up a little bit with his arms.

"if i consider it then i'll think myself out of doing it so no," she pointed out with a thoughtful expression, "but i will ask my parents about their opinion."

the excited expression on her face made corbyn smile to himself, and to be unable to take his eyes off of the blonde.

"my favourite time of the year, possibly to be spent with my favourite person," he sighed dreamily, "does life get much better?"

~~~

wc; 788
december 1st 2019, 10:06pm

~~~

thank you so much for 36k 🥺💛

4 more chapters left and then we're on the last :):