SIX

bambigray13: whoa whoa whoah you guys need to see this ASAP! #LOBBYHERO

nikkinorin, chrisevans,
adamlevine, and 795,394
other people liked this photo!

view comments. . .

chrisevans: hey thanks for
showing up! 😌
──── bambigray13: @chrisevans no problem, johnny storm!
congratulations 👏😁

diesuarez: ^^ @diesuarez whoa you reply fast
────elizabetholsenofficial: @diesuarez bold of you to assume he doesn't have his notifs on, babe 🙃
──── chrisevans: @elizabetholsenoffical @diesuarez on for #LOBBYHERO

username1: waIT WAIT BAMBI AND CHRIS LKAJLIJWOJEJCIO
──── username2: @username1 EXACTLY

username4: fuck you @bambigray13 isn't one marvel guy enough??
──── diesurarez: @username4 don't be so mean arGH 👿

nikkinorin: glad you enjoyed
the show bams 🤭
──── bambigray13: @nikkinorin 🤧

username3: IS NIKKI HINTING THAT CHRIS AND BAMBI MIGHT BE DATING EACH OTHER?????

username5: @chrisevans oh shit anyone but her PLEASE

username6: @bambigray13 you already broke tom's heart,, now you gotta break chris's too??!! i hope you die, bitch

chrisevans: lmao everyone needs to calm down 🤗
──── bambigray13: @chrisevans RT

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

"Get off your phone, Bams

"Get off your phone, Bams."

"You need to stop reading the shit people post online."

Their pleas fall on deaf ears as Bambi continues to scroll through her Instagram comments. Her hands visibly shake as she goes through the endless hate and death threats on a mere picture she posts and Bambi ultimately just disables the comments. She takes a deep breath as she puts her phone down on the counter and listens to the jazz song currently playing inside the bar.

"I'm okay." Bambi informs her friends (but it felt like she was saying it as a mantra to herself). "I just need a beer. Maybe two."

Diane raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms. "A beer? I thought you were more of a tequila girl—"

Nikki cuts her off with a light grab of her forearm. Her eyes go towards the back and she devilishly smiles. "We'll get your beer." She smiles so wide her eyes almost disappear, "Come on, Di, let's look for Bambi's beer."

"Wha—why not just order—" Diane gives her a questioning look until she sees the tall actor with bright blue eyes approaching them. "Sure! Bye, Bams!"

It was Bambi's turn to look at her friends skeptically. "Bye?" She says, mostly to herself. She turns back around and looks for the bartender but instead finds herself face to face with none other than Chris Evans.

The actor was clad in a bright yellow polo shirt and he looked exactly like he did on-stage but with different clothes. Bambi wondered what he looked like if he had less clothes on. . .

"Did you like it?"

His voice brings Bambi out of her short daydream. She sits straighter, clears her throat, and manages to give him a smile despite being so flustered. "Ye—yeah. You're a dick."

Chris tilts his head in confusion.

"No!" Bambi says, "I—I meant in the play. Your character is a dick. Good job."

"Thank you?"

"You're welcome." Feeling embarrassed, the blonde singer-songwriter turns away and faces the bar.

A few minutes of awkward silence pass between them until Chris takes the seat beside her and follow her line of sight which was currently on the beer keg. From the corner of her eyes, she sees Chris take a gulp of his beer and sigh.

Bambi wasn't oblivious. She had a theory that the man beside her was trying to flirt with her or make moves but she decided that it just wasn't the best time. Her entire reputation was down the drain and she believed that only some of her loyal friends and fans stuck by her especially after the whole Kanye West feud or her very public break-up with Calvin Harris and Tom Hiddleston.

In her mind, the only way for Bambi to steer clear of anymore drama was not get into any relationship until everything died down. She even had a plan to quit the music industry when worse came to worse. . .

"Do you believe them?" Chris asks, breaking the silence with Bambi's curious look for a response. "Do you believe the stuff people post about you online?"

Bambi huffs and shakes her head with a sad smile. "It's hard not to. . ." She answers and looks down at her lap insecurely, "I mean, with the endless hate comments and death threats that get sent, I might actually start believing them."

Unbeknownst to her, Chris looks at her with so much love and respect despite only talking to her for a few times. Having his fair share of feud with the media, he learned a long time ago not to believe any of those things. The vindictive and deceitful blonde bitch the media outlets portrayed was really just some girl who used her experiences to write good music.

Chris gives her a soft smile. "I don't think you deserve it." Bambi meets his eyes and the actor sees the pain and disbelief. With this, his heart breaks that a sweet creature like her could never believe she could be loved.

"Wha—what?" She asks, her voice shaking with uncertainty. "Did you
just—"

"Tell you you're something more than those Instagram comments? You fucking bet I did!"

Bambi laughs and Chris wished he could hear it more often and not just every once in a while.