TWELVE

"No! We don't lick the spoon, Chris!" Bambi huffs in frustration

"No! We don't lick the spoon, Chris!" Bambi huffs in frustration. She was met with Chris' chuckle as he places the wooden spoon back on the counter.

He throws his arms up in surrender. "Sorry, sorry. I just really wanted to know what our cookie creations tasted like."

Bambi rolls her blue eyes. "Then you'd have to wait." She grabs the tray of chocolate chip cookies and walks towards her oven, places them inside, and sets the timer.

She wasn't expecting that he would actually show up. Chris had a show for Lobby Hero and Bambi knew he was dead-ass tired but, when she sent the text asking if he wanted to come over, it took less than two minutes for his enthusiastic reply. So, the two stood in her kitchen (both barefoot) waiting for cookies to bake when it was nearly midnight.

When she goes back to the counter, Chris is leaning on his side with his arms crossed and a smug smile on his face. She quirks an eyebrow as to what his expression is all about. "I can wait, you know." He tells her.

Bambi walks closer, mirroring his actions. "Oh, can you?"

"Even if it takes forever."

The two didn't realize that they were standing so close to each other—so close that when Bambi looked up to meet his eyes she could see the different specks of blue present. Chris delicately places his index finger on her chin and lays his forehead on top of hers. "I can wait." He repeats, his voice above a whisper. It was as if he was talking about something more important than the pending cookies.

So what if people called her a snake? Or a slut? Or a manipulative bitch? Chris was still here amidst all of that. He was patient. He was kind. And most importantly, he was loyal. Bambi realizes that, within the time they spent together, she might have unconsciously took down the walls she built so hard to keep people away.

"You don't to have to." Bambi tells him. She blinks for a few seconds thinking that is was now or never and moves forward to place her lips on his and (thank God) he reciprocates the action.

══════ ∘◦❁◦∘ ══════

bambigray13: bake bake bake 🍪

nikkinorin, diesuarez, chrisevans, and 960,594 other people liked this photo!

COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED.

AUTHOR'S NOTE
probably just going to
be playing "guess the
taylor swift song rose
referenced in the chapter" teEEEHEEE