Chapter 7

"Amy, wait-!" Shadow couldn't stop Rose if his life depended on it. She had his right arm with her left hand and was literally dragging him out of her house.

Shadow grunted as he hit his head on the doorframe. Why is he just letting her drag him around like this? He wasn't her pet. He was the ultimate life form.

Yet he stopped his thoughts when Amy pulled him closer to her to inspect his head for any bumps. He felt his cheeks warm, but he desperately fought it.

"Im so so sorry, Shadow. Im already screwing things up!" Amy whimpered and turned her head away. Shadow wasn't sure if she was being serious or not. Still, he awkwardly pat her head.

"No no, I'm fine. See?" He rubbed his head to show there wasn't any pain. Amy glanced at him and smirked.

Shadow had no time to react as Amy pounced on him, landing on top of the black hedgehog. Shadow cried out in surprise, receiving a wave of giggles from Amy. "Got you!"

Shadow narrowed his eyes in embarrassment. "What... got me?"

Amy winked and subconsciously sat on his abdomen. "Yep. That was your first friendship test. I wanted to see what you would do when I was upset, and what you would do after I jumped on top of you."

It was Shadow's turn to smirk. "I haven't reacted to the second part just yet."

Before Amy could reply, Shadow rolled to his right, sending Amy into the grass. Before she could get up, he placed himself dominantly on top of her. Amy blushed with the sudden role shift.

Shadow chuckled at her surprise. "Do I still pass the friendship test?"

Amy cleared her throat and smiled sweetly. "Of course you did."

Quick footsteps startled Shadow, but he had almost no time to react to the blue blur of light that hit him from the left. Shadow was launched across the field shy of Amy's house and tumbled into a tree.

He quickly regained composure, but was struck again not from Sonic, but by Silver's control of gravity. Shadow couldn't move his limbs at will, and air started to become scarce.

Amy was too shocked to move at first, but snapped out of her daze and started running at Sonic. Without thinking, she tackled him, and the two went tumbling. Sonic rolled dominantly on top, pinning her arms to her sides. "Amy! Are you hurt? What's wrong?"

She threw a fit trying to get out of Sonic's grasp. "Leave him alone! Let him go!" It was now that she realized all of her friends were here. Everyone besides Silver was restraining knuckles from beating the life out of Shadow. But Silver already seemed to be doing that for him.

"Don't worry Ames. We saw him attacking you and came over to help." Amy went stiff under him and fought harder, but Sonic wasn't going to let go. Ever.

"Good thing I was here, right? What did he do to you?" Amy was was writhing like crazy.

"He didn't do anything! Let him go!"

Sonic quirked his eyebrow, and he flashed a quick smile that lasted less than a second. "Don't fight me, Amy. He must have brainwashed you or something."

Amy finally wiggled her right arm free and called for her piko piko hammer. Sonic quickly dodged the swing Amy threw at the blue hedgehog. "Ames? Don't be stupid." He said it like a warning.

Amy growled and turned to help Shadow. He was down on his knees, trying to mutter "chaos control", but Silver would constrain him more and more. Shadow kept his glare on the silver being. Silver was trying to reassure him, but the look in Shadow's eyes was all but negotiable. Instead, it was plastered with murder.

Terrified, Amy grabbed Silver's arm, surprising him. The connection was lost and Shadow slumped down on all fours choking and gasping for air. Silver panicked and started to raise his hand again, but Amy pushed him away and impulsively swung her hammer, hitting Silver in his temple. Silver cried out in pain before falling out into the grass. Blaze cried out to him and released knuckles, which apparently was enough for him to shake off the rest of the gang and hurl himself at Shadow.

"No!" Amy cried out. She ran in front of Shadow just as Knuckles reeled his arm back. Without thinking, he swung as hard as he could. He didn't realize that he had hit the fragile pink hedgehog instead of the now-angry black one.

Knuckled gasped and stepped back, and to Shadow, the whole world seemed to slow down. Amy flew through the air and crashed into the ground about 100 feet away from them. She slid and rolled, skidding to a stop and lying still.

Everyone quickly looked to Shadow. They started sputtering insults and blamed him. He didn't even hear it. He only saw Amy covered in blood, and the red echidna who did it.

"You..." Shadow growled. Everyone hushed and stepped away from him. "You idiot!" Shadow threw his hand out and unleashed a powerful wind that threw everyone back. It worked on almost everyone.

Sonic was running against the wind, managing to stay in place. Using it to his advantage, Shadow stopped the Chaos Wind, which caused Sonic to sprint towards Shadow. Shadow grabbed Sonic by the neck, squeezing hard, before throwing him to the rest of his friends. Sonic crashed into them like a bowling ball into pins.

Shadow rushed over to Amy, who had curled herself into a ball to try and lessen the pain. She was wincing and a steady stream of tears were escaping her eyes. Without thinking, he scooped her up and took off to the first place he thought to go.