Chapter 10

The kiss was soft. Just a sweet brush against each other's lips. Shadow lingered there for a few seconds, though to both of them it felt like an eternity. Shadow pulled away for a quick breath, huffing against Amy's lips. She pressed her lips together, trying to savor the feeling of the last five seconds.

"I, um-" she started.

Shadow pushed her so she was sitting back on the couch. "Shut up," he said, smashing his lips onto hers. He tilted his head for better mouth access, aggressively claiming her pink lips for himself. Amy allowed immediate access to her mouth, where Shadow explored her freely. His hands traced her rib cage, slowly bringing her shirt up with it. He felt her back and stomach, allowing the warmth to engulf his freezing hands. Amy moaned in response, pushing deeper into the kiss.

While Shadow could kiss for an eternity, he heard Amy's groans from lack of oxygen. He pulled away, allowing her one breath before a final kiss. It was a short one, with a short message attached to it: "I love you."

Shadow said it over and over again. He couldn't stop himself, and he didn't know why. Amy collapsed into his arms, and Shadow shifted so they could both sit on the couch together, snuggling between the cushions. He felt like crying, but had trained himself against such things. Weakness. You cannot show weakness. Not in-front of Amy. Never in-front of Amy.

The two hedgehogs sat in silence for a long time, holding each other and rocking methodically. Shadow continued to whisper the phrase, afraid he might forget it later. Even worse, afraid he might regret it later.

Amy was scared. Her entire life used to revolve around Sonic, and now she was cuddling with his clone. The cold-hearted, never smiling, partially evil (supposedly), and "liar" Shadow the Hedgehog. A small part of her was screaming at her. This was a betrayal to Sonic. For everything he has done for her.

The bigger half of her wanted to kiss Shadow again.

Realization hit like a bullet; Sonic would never love Amy. She had too many personality flaws that clashed with his own. They would never work out.

But with Shadow, she was completely opposite of him. It was only natural for them to be two halves of a hole. Shadow needed a bit of silliness in his life, while Amy longed for peace and some sort of seriousness, like an anchor. Shadow could be that for her.

Shadow.

Her Shadow, she decided. She would be his, nobody else's. He would treat her like a princess. He would give every hour of his day to her. He wouldn't stop until she was completely happy.

They continued to use each-other for warmth. Amy's joyful tears fell into Shadow's lap, and he brushed them off one by one. "Nothing will ever harm you, my flower. Nobody will cause you to wilt, Rose. I will make sure of that."

AN: i knowwww this is short but oh well haha deal :) I'm also sorry for not posting. I will try to upload once a week and pick back up on this ship-fic. I'm writing another book (my original idea) that I may be posting on here soon. When I do, check it out for me. I would love to get it published one day ;) until next time!!