XX

SELENA RAN OVER to Percy and Bianca, "Tell me you have a plan

SELENA RAN OVER to Percy and Bianca, "Tell me you have a plan." She begged Percy,

"I do... but it's crazy." Percy replied,

Bianca looked at him nervously. "Anything."

He told them about the maintenance hatch. "There may be a way to control the thing. Switches or something. I'm going to get inside."

"How? You'll have to stand under its foot! You'll be crushed."

"Distract it,"  Percy told them, "I'll just have to time it right."

Bianca's jaw tightened. "No. I'll go."

Selena shook her head, "Bianca, you can't. You're new at this!"

Percy nodded, "I agree. You'll die."

"It's my fault the monster came after us," she said. "It's my responsibility. Here." She picked up the little God statue and pressed it into Percy's hand. "If anything happens, give that to Nico. Tell him... tell him I'm sorry."

"Bianca, no!"

But she wasn't waiting for him. She charged at the monster's left foot.

Thalia had its attention for the moment. She'd learned that the giant was big but slow. If you could stay close to it and not get smashed, you could run around it and stay alive. At least, it was working so far.

Bianca got right next to the giant's foot, trying to balance herself on the metal scraps that swayed and shifted with his weight.

Zoe yelled, "What are you doing?"

"Get it to raise its foot!" she said.

Zoe shot an arrow toward the monster's face and it flew straight into one nostril. The giant straightened and shook its head.

"Hey, Junk Boy!" Percy yelled. "Down here."

Percy ran up to its big toe and stabbed it with Riptide. The magic blade cut a gash in the bronze.

Unfortunately, his plan worked. Talos looked down at Percy and raised his foot to squash him like a bug. He didn't see what Bianca was doing. He had to turn and run. The foot came down about two inches behind Percy and he was knocked into the air. He hit something hard and sat up, dazed. He'd been thrown into an Olympus-Air refrigerator.

The monster was about to finish him off, but  Selena ran up to a mountain of metal, "Hey! Tin Man!" Selena yelled, throwing a metal pipe at the giant,

It turned towards her and raised its sword, "Crap."

Selena jumped from her mountain and began to climb another. The giant sword sliced next to her, knocking some objects into her body. With a groan, she sat up and looked at the metal giant.

She was prepared for what was to come. To be the lost one in a place without rain.

Suddenly, a green mist began to form around her and objects around her. By that time, Selena realized the ancient greek that was spilling from her mouth.

They weren't just any random objects rising in the air. They were weapons. Swords, daggers, maces, spears, axes. With one final word, they were all hurled at the metal giant.

Talos stumbled backward from all the force that hit him. Selena collapsed, her eyes rolling to the back of her head,

"Selena!" She heard someone shout before she lost consciousness completely.