2: Formality

Spirit was outside finally feeling free again. He'd never get used to being cooped up in a train all day. Lucky slurped a cup of tea, she didn't notice but she had been doing so for a while; but Jim did.

"Umm Lucky? Your going to choke."

"Hhmm?" Instead of stopping, she tried to say something which resulted in: "Cugh!"

"And that's what I was afraid of."

"My apologies."

"Hey, don't be so formal, you're with your old man."

"..." She just nodded.

"So what's got you so spooked?"

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about how ever since I saw you this morning, you've been acting... weird?"

"Well it's been a while and it just feels weird sitting in my old chair, drinking from my old cup and looking at the same-" the door swung open,"Kate!"

Kate, gave a smile "Oh! Sorry I'm late. Polly was fussing and I didn't know you were coming till late."

"I figured... Hehe."

"Is that who I think it is?" Cora dropped all her groceries and opened her arms, giving a Lucky a hug that felt like she was home. I mean she was but it still felt like she was visiting one of her cousin's. "Oh, you've turned into such a wonderful young woman!"

"So I've been told. I'd love to sit here and catch up but I have luggage I need to unpack... As long as you haven't turned my room into a nursery yet?"

"Well about that," Jim, sheepishly sighed. Lucky simply stayed smiling waiting for him to go on. " Er, well... It's not a nursery per say, just you know when it gets crowded we put some extra stuff there."

"What Jim's trying to say is that, we've just found out we're having another baby, we got a bit stressed so we started to make some more room and while we were trying to sort things out we put some things in your room. But not forever, just until we found a place to put them." Kate used that caring understanding voice, Lucky knew this was supposed to help people, (keep them calm, gently break bad news, ect) but it annoyed the hell out of her.

"I'll just stay somewhere else for a while."

"Oh no, it's fine we'll clean it up."

"Do you honestly think you tow can clean everything up by tonight? And that's just assuming you should be doing, what I'm guessing is a heap load of work, while pregnant?" The couple looked at eachother. "I'll come back when your ready, thanks for the tea, Cora, I should come by your shop, there's a few dresses that I need done because we all know if you want a gown, it may as well impress."

"Oh you flatter me!"

"Likewise."

And just like that she shut the door and left, leaving Cora proud and her parents stunned.