3: Partying in a red dress.

Lucky opened the door, of Javier's apartment, with a ruby encrusted key. He gave it to her because as long as he was in the army, he wouldn't be using it.

Though it was small, it was more space than the humble abode of the happy little family.

There were pictures allover the wall behind the couch.
_______________________________________________________________

She spent a few hours looking at the pictures, a few on the balcony and then started to get ready for the welcome home party that Pru's folks were throwing. She didn't need to do much, at least not compared to city standards. Just a bun, flower and dress. It had been a long day and she was tired, so no makeup.

The dress was red, short and flowy (not to mention, overpriced).

It was getting dark and she could just have dinner there; so she hopped on spirit and speedily galloped to the party

_______________________________________________________________

It was busy. Really busy. There were lanterns, candles and people. Lots and lots of people. She shouldn't have been surprised; the PAL's were what made Miradero, Miradero.

Before she knew it, guests were crowding around her, asking her questions, like:

'So, how was Europe? Rainy?'

'My daughter's really smart, so is there a way you could do me a favour, and get me to meet with someone who might be able to help her? You know do what you did? Also ask if I could tag along? For emotional support, she has bad separation anxiety.'

'Could you tutor my son? Maybe on the house? Since we're such good friends.'

'Come on what really happened? Tell me your secret, there's no way they'd let you travel for studying? Your family's rich; did they pay people off for they're reputation?'

'Oh I missed you soooooo much! Do you remember me? I saw you that one time while you were getting ice-cream? I know I didn't really reach out to you then, but I was shy. We should hang out sometime? I've been doing badly in school and you could help me? As a friend, of course.'

And if it wasn't that it was:

'Oh your so beautiful.'

'I knew you were special.'

Well, every 'friend' who came to talk to her, she barely remembered. Until a red head showed up, with a gleaming smile.

Maricela had gone abroad too but to places like India and Southern Rhodesia (Zimbabwe).

"Oh Lucky let's talk in private." Maricela led Lucky away from the crowd. "Oh those leaches. All they want to do is talk about is how they need help. But all there doing trying to get a free holiday." She laughed, snorting at the the end.

"Ugh. Tell me about it. I didn't say word to half of my 'close friends' the entire time I lived here and now, apperantly we're all besties." She rolled her eyes.

"Oh. That's the Dean. I'm sorry but I have to go."

"It's okay. By Cela."

"Cela?"

"It's your name but shorten-" before she could finished, she had already earned a 'cela snort'.

She danced, talked with strangers and was absolutely bored. So she stayed near the food. It was good and free, so a free dinner wouldn't be out of the question. That was what she was looking forward to anyway.

She was happily stuffing her face until, "Hi."

And suprise, suprise it was Kate, with a 3 year old Polly in her arms.

"Sister Lucky!" Polly squealed.

"I'm not a nun." 'Sister Lucky' chuckled.

Polly looked confused

"Ummmm, just call me Lucky?"

Kate jumped in to the small, conversation they were having. "She doesn't understand. All she knows is that your someone who's called a sister, and your name."

Lucky smiled and nodded; hoping that she would just go away. It wasn't that Kate was horrible, she just wanted to be left alone.

"You look nice today."

"Yeah. I'm gonna wear this tomorrow...not the dress but the hair. I mean, it's not very casual, so..." 'Wear hair?' she cringed.

"We'll have your room done by the end of the week."

"Take your time, please." She turned around only to see Jim.

Her dad wondered "actually where are you staying?"

"Oh at my boyfriend's."

He nearly choked on his tongue. "Boyfriend?!"

Lucky nodded.

"You 2 are living together?"

"No he's... abroad, hehe."

"Why is he abroad? Surely he can't be studying too?"

"In way, he is studying."

"Oh well umm-"

"Look dad, I'm tired; so could you tell the girls I'm sorry I couldn't see them."

"Yeah, of course," As she was about to leave, Jim grabbed her shoulder. "are you okay?"

"Yes, just have a bit of a headache."

"Really you look a bit pale."

"I'm fine." And just like that she left.
_______________________________________________________________

Lucky rushed into the apartment as fast as she could. She ran straight to the bathroom. Next thing she knew her head was plunged in the toilet.

Again Kate wasn't horrible, neither was Jim but that mornings indecent must have left an impact for her to show up to the party drunk.

"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"*"
Hi it's the author here.

If anyone's reading this, sorry if I don't update often. It has something to do with school and the fact that the past few chapters I've written have been deleted due to reasons I don't actually know of so yeah...

Love ya bye!