Prologue

Everyone has secrets. Everyone. From the prettiest princess to the most forgettable freshman.

And they're called secrets for a reason: They're meant to stay that way.

But they don't. They never do. Secrets always have a way of making their appearance, regardless of whether you want to or not. There always seems to be that unstoppable force that gets those secrets out and into the open.

am that force. I have a birds-eye view of everything going on with Westchester, New York's most elite.

And do you know what I spy with my little eye?

Serena Marsden getting off a private jet to go back to Westchester. She used to be an It Girl, until she zipped off to boarding school without so much as a goodbye to her best friend, Jill Hemmings. I don't think Jill's gonna be too happy for a reunion, Serena! Especially if she finds out the truth about you. What you did before running away. Where you've really been (because we surely know that it wasn't boarding school!).

But Jill, who was once Serena's right-hand and who has since risen to popularity after Serena decided to play Houdini, has some secrets as well. How does Westchester's new It Girl manage to stay so... irresistable? Jill has many tricks of the trade that I'm certain she'd be willing to share with you... Right, Jill? Either way, they're gonna come out. You just wait.

And you know who else has changed a ton since Serena's dramatic exit? Taylor Thomas, former loser, used to be packing in those pounds. She had a ton of extra to donate to those skinny lattes she was surrounded by. But over the course of the summer, Taylor's really lost the weight. How did it happen so quickly? Feel like sharing your dieting tips, Tay?

These three girls have a lot of secrets to hide. And I know all of them. I'm ready to share them. Every little dirty detail.

And my identity, you ask?

That's one secret you'll never find out.