5

"When are you going to think of your second wish?"

Michael placed another flat looking piece of cake on my plate, apparently they were pancakes.

"I don't know what to wish for." Michael walked back to the kitchen, "Do you want more?"

I nodded placing half the pancake in my mouth.

Michael poured more batter onto the hot pan looking at me, "I've never seen someone eat as much as you do."

"I have a bottomless stomach." I pointed out. I did, the food just disappeared. I just liked the way it tasted. We technically couldn't eat or drink so it was great i could just keep eating as much as I wanted for the flavour and it would just go into the blackhole of my stomach.

"Does that mean I didn't need to make you the last twelve pancakes."

"Yeah but I really appreciate it. Maybe just one more." I said.

Michael narrowed his eyes at me, but reluctantly flipped the pancake.

"Most humans ask their wishes in the one day.You're one of those rare ones that take forever. You're a bit like my last master." I told him. Joe was very thoughtful about his wishes. The kind man wanted me to end poverty but of course I wasn't capable of granting that one.

"I don't know what to wish for though. What are some common ones?" Michael brought his own plate of only two pancakes to the table. He pulled out a chair and sat down, his grey eyes staring into mine.

He, unlike me who rolled the pancake and took half a bite, grabbed the cutlery next to him and cut it into little pieces.

"Well someone once asked me to make someone fall in love with him. I didn't like that wish cause she clearly didn't like him."

"Are they still together?" Michael asked.

I shrugged, "Who knows. Are you going to eat that pancake?"

Michael paused, the pancake half the way to his mouth. Oh right, he was.

He took a quick bite of that before cutting another piece, he lifted it up and placed it on my plate.

"Thanks, I guess you don't need to improve your cooking skills. This is a good pancake." even though it was the first time I had such a thing.

"So what about this case?" I asked, "You wished for help, nothing specific. I found you Camie, now what can I do. I need to complete each wish before I can grant you the next one."

"There seem to be an awful lot of rules about these wishes."

I nodded, "Of course. We need to establish some form of terms and conditions. If I can't grant you a wish well then, my entire existence is useless." I pointed out. I had never failed granting anyone a wish so I had to compete this one.

"It's a murder case."

"Oh interesting. I love these ones." I placed the last half of the pancake in my mouth sitting up. "Who died?"

"Numerous people. Our latest victim is a man, before that it was a string of females which made us think it was a serial killer."

"Interesting." I frowned. I never understood why people went around killing each other.

"He's gone dormant, normally we find someone dead every ten days. That gives us seven days to find him before our next victim. He's smart. He disappears, there is never a clue. We have no idea how he picks his targets."

"Do you have pictures or bodies of the victims?" I asked.

Michael nodded.He stood up grabbing the plates.