9

"Sorry about today."

I leaned against the car seat, taking my visibility off, suddenly feeling safe when no one else could see me, "What do you mean?" There was no reason for Michael to apologise

"My family are a handful." Michael started the engine of the car, turning onto the street, "You can probably tell why I don't bring anyone home."

"That's fine, everyone's family can be like that. I hope we can get the favour for a favour?" I asked.

Michael nodded, "I'll think about it. I'll see if my room will stay like that and if so, sure. I owe it to you."

"Thanks." a deal for a deal. Hopefully Michael was going to pull through with the deal. I could just imagine it, eternal peace where I didn't have to worry about anyone finding me. I could be content.

"You said family, do you have one?" he asked. Saving me from a difficult question, a sharp ringtone cut through the quiet car ride and Michael looked over, "Sorry I need to get this," he indicated to the left and pulled over as he reached for his phone.

"Detective Bronx speaking."

I leaned back into the seat looking outside at the night sky, the stars were much brighter now that I was out of the wine bottle.

"What do you mean?" Michael asked in the phone, "Another one? But...I - we said - I thought he was going to kill again in a few more days. Are you sure it's him? Alright, on my way." Michael hung up and looked at me, "You're invisible right?"

I nodded, "Great," He said turning the car around, "There has been another murder apparently. It's far sooner than we expected." Michael's eyebrows were knotted as he drove, I could tell something was bothering him.

"Interesting." I wonder if it was a human or someone with special powers. Michael started driving on a rougher road, the car bouncing with each metre. "This is in the middle of no where." I said. The other ones according to Michael were in more public locations, yet nothing was captured on any surveillance cameras.

I watched as more trees were against the road and the street lamps started to vanish, taking us into darkness. The only form of light was the moon and the car's headlights. Soon the colour of blue and red lights filled the sky as we located more police cars in the distance.

I could see officers looking up at the trees and I also brought my gaze up to see a being hanging from the tree, strangled by what looks like his own clothes.

Michael swore under his breathe as he also noticed what I was looking at.

"That's not a human." I said straight away. Michael hurried out of the car to the police officers while I walked up to the hanging body.

He looked young and strong, surely agile enough to fight anyone away, not to mention he was gifted which meant he could attack a human if he must. Generally us special beings, weren't allowed to bring them any harm unless it was in self protection.

So i wonder why he lost this battle. I felt Michael stand behind me and I looked over my shoulder, his eyes looked distress as he stared at the body. "Apparently someone did an anonymous call. Which is weird, because why would they want to bring attention to themselves. This is in the middle of no where, the closest town is an hour away and no one would have found this body as this is a reservation ground and it's rarely visited. He or she wanted us here."

A shiver ran through my body, I felt like someone was watching us but I couldn't see anyone. I lifted my hand trying to touch Michael's but all I felt was warm air.

"What?" He asked confused.

"Sorry, just making sure I am a hundred per cent cloaked." I turned back to the body, "Are they going to bring him down so I can look at him."

Michael nodded turning around and calling for some officers. After a few more pictures and measurement for evidence, the body was brought down and laid in front of the cars so the headlights could shine on him.

"How do you know?" Michael whispered as he kneeled on the ground next to me.

I raised my hand pointing to the victim's cheeks, "See how that's all darkened. Something sucked out his aura, this person is obviously not human which is going to make it harder for you guys to find him."

Another officer walked over to Michael, stepping on my hand and I quickly moved it away. Michael winced on behalf of me and I smiled raising it, "I felt nothing." I told him.

"There are no possessions on his body, did we want to put this on the newspaper to see if someone will come for him?" the other officer asked, "All we found on him was a cigarette."

Michael looked at me, and I shook my head, "We can see if the seniors want to publicise this," Michael said. The other officer nodded and walked away leaving us alone again.

"No one will come forward and say they know him." Special beings weren't going to bring attention to themselves, "And a cigarette, that's weird. I wonder what that was for." I don't think that was his cigarette at all. We can't enjoy the taste of the smoke, unless that was his human prop.

I leaned over taking a sniff of the body, trying to see if I can pick up any scents to see what we were dealing with here, but I had nothing. The killer was also cleansed.

I had that feeling again, like someone was watching us. I looked around but all there was were more big trees. I was invisible to everyone but Michael, but I wondered if someone else could see us. I looked at Michael who was also staring at the body.

"I think we should get out of here." I told him.

Michael nodded standing up, "I'll meet you in the car." he walked over to the officers, telling them some stuff that they were noting down. I didn't hesitate going to the car, I better tell Cameron tomorrow what I saw. He might have an idea on who the person was. Cameron has been around this town for decades and if anyone knew someone it would be him.

Michael got into the car, running a hand through his brown hair. "Are you ok?" I asked him. His day seemed to have gone from bad to worse and I felt bad for the guy. I shouldn't, it wasn't my job to, but for some reason I wished I could do more to help him.

Except my wishes don't count.

"Yeah." He started the car driving back in pure silence, it wasn't till we got back to his apartment did he speak.

"I thought I wished for you to solve this case." he snapped at me.

"I am. I cant't just catch him or her for you because they aren't human. Your wish is for me to help you but I cannot perform your duties for you."

"That's dumb." He retorted.

I frowned, "Well maybe make your wish better next time and more specific. If you're going to ask me vague things that's what I'm going to do."

"Well maybe you should just go because more innocent people or things or whatever you are, might be killed at you're just going to sit there watching. Your magical powers are useless"

"That's not nice Michael."

Besides I had to grant him another two wishes so if he really wanted to get rid of me, maybe he should think of those wishes immediately.