Prologue

*2000s hit songs playing...*

" Yeah, man! Let's partyyyyy!" my bestfriend yelled against my ears. The huge speakers were blasting loud music and everyone's either drunk or have already passed out.

" Nakatipid ka na namang ungas ka! Aside from Maddie's party, despidida mo na din to!"

" Wag kang maingay dyan. Maddie doesn't know that I'll be going away." I yelled at him and drank my beer. He made a face and slapped my forehead, parang gago to.

" Bakit di mo na lang kasi sabihing mahal mo siya? Di yung aalis ka pa tapos magbabakasakaling makakalimutan mo siya. Ang gago mo din eh!" aniya

" Let's not ruin her well-planned life okay? She'll be having a baby, she's going to be a successful businesswoman and she's going to forget me sooner or later. So why bother telling her that I'm going away" sabi ko

" Whatever, man. I just hope the donor is a more good looking man than you." Tri said and walked away. I let him join our other friends and went to look for Maddie. I'll just say my congratulations and then I'll be on my way out of her life.

I found her talking to Den, our friend who happens to be a nurse and who suggested this insemination party. I approached them at agad naman niya akong nginitian when she saw me.

" Beiiiiiiii" she squealed.

" Hey, Mads!" bati ko sabay beso.

" Bailey." Den said and even nodded her head formally.

" Michelle." I greeted back, making her wince.

" Oh shut up." aniya sabay irap. Napailing na lang ako saka nagtuon ng pansin kay Maddie.

" Hey. I'll show you something tara." ani Maddie sabay hatak sa akin.

" Where are we going?" pagtataka ko.

" Basta." she giggles as she drag me upstairs to her room. Agad naman akong kinabahan at parang unti-unting nawawala ang kalasingan ko dahil kahit magkaibigan kami ng sobrang tagal ni Maddie, she never ever invited me to her room. Ang tanging nakakapasok lang dito ay si Tita Donna, Dennise at Therese.

" Uhm... Mads, this is your room."

" Yeah I know." aniya

" Tara dito." anyaya niya pa sakin saka pumasok sa loob ng bathroom niya. Nanlaki naman yung mga mata ko as she motions to me to come inside with her.

" Uh... a-anong gagawin natin dyan?"

" Basta. Bilisan mo na! Dali!" sabi niya saka na lumapit sakin at hinatak na ako ulit.

" Lock the door." she said when she got inside.

" Mads..." tanging nasabi ko. Hindi ko na alam anong gagawin ko. It's just me and Maddie inside her bathroom. Pakiramdam ko pinagpapawisan na ko ng malamig at para akong nahihilo

" A-anong gi--"

" Look" she finally said as she showed me a vial. It was frozen and I don't know what it is.

" What is that?" pagtataka ko. Medyo kumalma na ako since wala naman pala kaming gagawing kung ano dito sa loob ng bathroom.

" Dennise brought this over. Ito daw yung donor ko para magkababy na ko" aniya

So that thing is a fucking vial of sperm?!

" Kanino daw galing?" I asked. She shrugged saka na muling binalik yung vial sa maliit na cooler.

" Basta it came from the sperm bank. Anyway. Pinakita ko lang sayo kasi you're my bestfriend and I want you to be the first one to see this kase isa ka sa mga importanteng tao sa buhay ko and that I trust you with all my life. Ninong ka ha?"

" O-oo naman. Ano ka ba. Tinatanong pa ba yun? You know that I'll always be here for you." ngiti ko. She smiled back and even kissed me on the cheek.

" Sige. Babalik na ko sa baba."

" Uhm. Pwedeng pa-cr muna dito? Di na ata ako aabot sa baba eh. Sobrang naiihi na talaga ko." sabi ko.

" Yeah sure." tango niya. She closed the door behind her and I was left alone in her bathroom. I stared at the small cooler and opened it. I looked at the vial of sperm and though I was a bit disgusted touching it. I held it closer for inspection.

" One of you fuckers will give my bestfriend a baby. Paano kung galing ka sa isang kriminal? Or what if you came from an old man? Or worst! Galing ka sa may AIDS! Oh no you can't enter my bestfriend's body. Not on my watch!" I immediately threw the contents of the vial on the lavatory and felt really proud of myself. Until...

" Bei! I forgot the cooler! Pakibaba mo na lang ha? Dennise has to bring that back to the hospital!" narinig kong sigaw ni Maddie mula sa labas ng banyo.

" Ha? Uhm..."

" Okay ka lang ba dyan?" she asked.

" Y-yeah! Ano... I'm doing number 2 right now. Sige isusunod ko na lang yung cooler." sigaw ko pabalik. And then I began to panicked as I looked at the now empty vial. What should I do?! I flushed the sperm out!

" Shit, Bailey. You have no other choice."

I went outside the bathroom and was about to get out of her room when the door opened and hit me right on my face. The next thing I knew, everything was just pitched black.