20

“ Daddy ninong? Mommy?” I woke up with my eyes wide when I heard Liam’s voice. Napalingon ako sa paligid and found myself in the living room. Then I felt someone move beside me at pagtingin ko ay si Maddie. She’s wrapped in a thick blanket, her hair disheveled, lips swollen and I even saw her bare shoulders. I looked at Liam and he looked back, both of us surprised.

“ Mmm..” Maddie said and even snuggled closer to me. Nanlaki ang mata ko and Liam just gaped at us.

“ Uhm.. What do you want for breakfast?”

“ Bacon and pancakes…” aniya

“ What’s mommy doing here?”

“ Uh… ano.. tara na sa kitchen. Let’s cook breakfast.” sabi ko. I got out of the bed saka na siya kinarga papunta sa kitchen. Mars followed us and I started preparing for his breakfast.

“ What’s mommy doing here?” he asked me again.

“ Nakatulog siya dito eh. She thought that you’re still awake kaso nakitang tulog ka na ayun…” sabi ko

“ But why are you magkatabi daddy ninong?”

“ Ah… ano kasi dude, Daddy ninong fell asleep while we were talking kaya ganun.” I lied. He pouted saka na lang kumain.

A few minutes later ay nakarinig na ko ng mg yabag ng paa. I looked up and saw Maddie wearing the shirt I wore last night.

“ Good morning, baby.” she greeted and even kissed Liam.

“ Hi mommy. Ninong said you fell asleep on the couch.” ani Liam. Maddie smiled saka muling humalik sa anak niya and looked at me. I looked away and just decided to get her food.

“ Yes anak. Nakatulog si mommy kakahintay na magising ka. Sabi ni Ninong napagod ka daw kahapon eh.” aniya tumango naman si Liam and gave her the plate filled with her breakfast.

“ Thank you.”

“ Uhm… Wala ka bang work or lakad or something? Di ba kayo magkikita ni Zuma?” I asked. She took a forkful of pancakes and she shook her head in reply.

“ Wala kang work?”

“ Wala na kami.” she said natahimik ako and Liam looked at her too.

“ I couldn’t stand all the things he said about my son. Aminado naman akong malaki ang pagkukulang ko sa anak ko. And I know that it’ll be hard for me to win my son’s trust and love back dahil nasanay na siyang kayo ang kasama but I will still try. And I broke up with him dahil sumusobra na siya. He doesnt have the right to make me choose between him and Liam dahil anytime anywhere si Liam ang pipiliin ko.” sagot niya

I looked at Liam and he was just staring at his mom. I watched as Maddie looks back at him and held his face.

“ Baby, I’m sorry if you feel like I don’t love you ha? Mommy was really stupid to do such thing. But please forgive me?” aniya Liam gave her a sad smile saka ito yumakap kay Maddie.

“ I love you mommy…” Liam said.

“ Babawi ako anak, promise ni mommy yan sayo.”

Hinayaan ko na muna silang magbreakfast na dalawa while I feed Mars in the living room. I stared into space as I tried to recall what happed last night.

FLASHBACK

“ Maddie, bakit ka ba umiiyak?” she didn’t answer. Instead, she closed the gap between us and kissed me. At hindi ko ba alam anong nangyari sakin pero I kissed her back.