Epilogue

Song of choice - It's Raining Men by The Weather Girls. 

~

Lily watched on as Jack put her suitcase into the back of her car, unable to help thanks to her arm still bound in sling. The sun was high in the clear sky as Jack waved her hand at the flies dancing around her head, cursing their annoying buzzing. Lily smiled as her friend began shoving her two bags in the boot of the car, grunting.

Ollie came over and stood next to Lily, watching the witch struggle with her over-packed bags. "How are you feeling?" Her aunt asked, eyeing her still-injured niece.

"I'm good, despite everything." Lily answered honestly, not thinking on Ryan's words yesterday. Jack also hadn't mentioned what Andrew had said to her at the formal, even though it shadowed them like Jack's makeup she hadn't removed properly.

"I think this trip away will be good for you." Her aunt said. "Doesn't mean I won't miss my movie marathon buddy."

"I always fall asleep during your movies anyway." Lily smiled.

"But I enjoy listening to you snore through the scary scenes, it always breaks the tension." Ollie smiled back, gently hugging Lily into her chest. "I'm proud of you, littlest Morgan."

Lily frowned at the new nickname, pulling back to see her aunt blinking rapidly. "Why did I call you that?" Ollie pondered. "It just slipped off the tongue."

"It sounds familiar, did you call me that when I was young? Before...everything?"

"I think so?" Ollie shook her head. "I've been remembering a few things, I guess I suppressed a lot when I became your guardian. Now that you're flying the nest, I guess it's all coming back to me."

Lily looked over Ollie's shoulder to see, behind her house, a flicker of the silhouette of her supernova predecessor. She smiled, hoping he'd see her thankfulness, before turning to her aunt. "That's awesome Ollie, what else do you remember?"

"Weirdly enough, I remembered last night when I was at your family home in Marlin's Bay and Cordie was refilling the kettle when the tap just shot off!" Ollie laughed, motioning with her hands. "Cordie swore for a whole ship and was pressing the water down with her hands, and her eyes changed from brown to this shade of royal blue."

"Blue?" Lily's dark eyes widened. "She could shift her eyes?"

"Yes! Yes I remember now!" Ollie's own eyes widened. "Yes she could! The rest of your family could, they shifted to blue! And Nerida was on the sofa with me, we were quietly chatting over a cup of tea, some vegetable tea - rhubarb I think? Anyway, Cordie's swearing for help and just as I stand up to grab a towel, Nerida's eyes go from brown to grey when she waved her hand and the water stopped bursting from the tap!"

"Wait..." Lily's mind whirred. "Granny Haven's eyes weren't blue?"

"No, they were grey, like yours are, right?" Ollie cocked her head. "I don't remember anything else, it's coming back to me slowly, but-"

"Don't overexert yourself, Ollie." Lily teased, remembering her aunt's words to her only yesterday. "Take your time with it."

Ollie raised an eyebrow. "You haven't even left yet and you're already giving me advice? I must be getting old."

Lily laughed and both of them turned when they heard Jack calling her name. "Are you planning on leaving or chatting at your door all day? Come on Lil', we have places to be! Things to blow up!" Jack shouted, laughing when Ollie raised an eyebrow at her niece.

"That's my cue!" Lily chirped, kissing her aunt on the cheek.

"Don't blow anything up!" Ollie yelled back, and waved as Jack and Lily got in the car. The two strapped on their seat belts but Jack didn't turn on the car yet, instead turning to her friend.