Chapter Three

Lily didn't move as her PE teacher stepped forward. The only thing between them was Jack's car and a lot of tension but the witch snapped it immediately.

"You're joking." Jack deadpanned. "You?"

"Slater." Ms Winters greeted but didn't move her gaze from Lily. "Morgan."

"Garcia-Slater." Jack hissed, clenching her fists as rogues moved around them. They were all in their wolf forms besides Ms Winters. They stepped outside of the shadows cast by the forest, teeth dripping with saliva as they snarled at the two girls.

Lily held out her left hand to stop Jack from provoking anyone further, not letting Ms Winters out of her sight. The last time she'd seen the teacher was when she cut short their Meditation class by accident. "Ms Winters." Lily warily said, hardening her fear. "What are you doing here?"

"You two are coming with us." Ms Winters scowled, waving at the wolves around them. "Don't try anything, you're outnumbered."

Lily swallowed. Her right arm was beginning to tingle again like static shifting under her skin. Fingers twitched in the sling. "That didn't work so well last time." She said, trying to be brave.

"The skies are clear, Morgan." Ms Winters stepped forward. "There's no storms around to protect you."

"But I'm here." Jack hissed. "How's Yuric? Heard his arm seized up because he pissed off a witch."

Ms Winters clenched her jaw and the rogues snarled louder. Lily snapped her head to Jack, seeing straight through the fearless façade she was putting up. "He really wants to meet you, Slater. He wants to show you what happens when you piss off an Alpha."

"I know what happens when I piss off an alpha; they run away." Jack narrowed her eyes, a green glow emitting from her ten rings. "And it's Garcia-Slater, you traitorous bitch."

Lily watched the two stare each other down. Her old PE teacher had a point. While she had Jack on her left there was still several rogues in front, behind, and on her right. Her arm was bound in a sling, her scars itching as the wolves inched a little closer. They were surrounded.

Not to mention, Lily knew both her and Jack were afraid of the damage they could do. Did she prove the rogues' point by injuring them all? That the higher powers should indeed fall?

"He's going to kill us, you know." Lily said, Ms Winters stared back at her with a fiercer scowl.

"We will never be free if there are powers greater than our own." Ms Winters hissed, eyes flaring gold for a moment. "Not when there's a puny orphan girl and a mouthy foul witch running around. You don't own the place, you don't belong in our world. We need to get rid of this hierarchy; to get rid of you."

Lily swallowed, eyes flickering as dread lined her stomach. Her ears popped and the hairs on the back of her neck rose. The pressure dropped, the light from the sun fading as clouds began to stretch across the bright sky. The wolves hesitated seeing the weather change instantly before them.

Jack scoffed. "You do realise who you're going up against, right? Lily's the new Supernova, you can't defeat her with your rogues. And I'm here this time, you're not taking either of us without a fight."

The teacher's eyes darkened at the reveal of Lily's official title. Lily didn't breathe as Ms Winters looked her over again, resting on her sling - proof she survived the strongest of lightning strikes and was still standing. She'd be back at full strength when her arm healed, unlike Yuric, who was stuck with his frozen shoulder for the rest of his life.