6) Birthday

Clank.

Namjoon dropped his car key inside a decoration cup on the shoe cabinet. He sighed tiredly as he carelessly took off his leather shoes before walking to the living room.

Without thinking much, he took off his tux, loosen his tie then unbottoned a few as he laid on the long sofa. He heaved a relief sigh as soon as his sore back met with the soft sofa. Namjoon closed his eyes while pulling a content smile.

It's good to be home.

He thought happily. Soon, Namjoon drift off to a very deep sleep.

*Time skips*

He woke up, because of sweat. Namjoon pinched his head as he slowly sat up. His head hurt because he lacks of sleep and because it was hot.

Y/N is not at home?

Namjoon thought to himself as he looked around the dark apartment. No wonder, no one welcomes him home. No wonder, the air conditioner was off. Because there is no one at home, except him.

Namjoon searched for his phone in his tux to check the time. He gasped loudly when he saw the time now is 11:45 PM. He slept for five hours only, but it felt so long yet short. He wanted to sleep more, if he hadn't see how many missed calls and unread messages from his fiancée.

Before he could call her, the front door opened. Namjoon quickly stood up and called you, "Y/N?"

Silence.

Namjoon walked around the sofa so he could go to a standing silhouette. You took a step forward too, and your messy condition was revealed under the moonlight that came through the opened curtains.

"Baby, what's wrong?" Namjoon is now standing just in front of you. His hand slowly made his way to cup your face because you haven't utter a word since you entered. He assumed something was wrong and he wanted to comfort you.

As soon as his warm hands toucher your cheeks, tears dropped and you burst out crying.

"You jerk!" You grunted and hit his chest using your purse and your hand a few times. Namjoon ached but he didn't pull away.

"What's wrong?" he asked while wiping away your tears with his thumbs softly.

"You forgot! That's what's wrong! You didn't answer my call, didn't reply to any of my messages! I thought something happened to you! You made me worried, you jerk! And here you were just woke up from sleep!" you pushed him away then walked to the kitchen to grab yourself a glass of water.

Oh he didn't know. You waited and waited patiently for him at the restaurant but he didn't show up. Your call and messages were unanswered. When you called Jin, his colleagues, he said Namjoon went home early.

Namjoon watched you dragged your beautiful red dress to the kitchen. He was swayed by how beautiful you looked and he followed you to caress your exposed back. (Lmao Namjoon hold yourself Y/N is upset!)

"Mind reminding me what did I forget?" Namjoon stood behind you and asked softly. He tilted his head to tuck your hair behind your ear so he could see your face better. While you are still avoiding his eyes.

"Our dinner date," you murmured. To be honest, you wanted him to remember by himself. It will surely takes time and you don't like wasting time, but to smack his forgetful mind again and again.

'Ah!' Namjoon immediately remembered. He remembers but he didn't dare to spoke the 'Ah' out loud, knowing it will piss you off even more.

Without saying anything yet, Namjoon turned you body around to face him. He peck your forehead then pulled you into a soft hug. His hands gently rubbed your back as he apologise to you.