Her Life So Far Pt. 1

Black. Everything was black. No sound. No touch. No smells. A young female stood in the middle of it all. She walked on steadily not knowing where she was going or where she had come from. Then everything around her changed.

Now she was inside of a small building, standing in the corner of a colorful room with three teachers and happy children sitting on alphabet tiles in front of them. A little girl who was among the crowd stood out. She looked just like the older female standing in the corner.

And it hit her, this was a reenactment of her earliest memory. She was four, and at the time, she had a family. She was an only child with two parents. She went to preschool where she had made a few friends that she always played with.

"Alright children, you all know what time it is. For those of you who see your parents waiting for you outside wave bye to your friends and have a good night! The rest of you that don't-"

Your primary teacher, Mrs. Sims, was cut off when she was almost trampled by her own students, (Y/n) included. They rushed past her, crowding in front of the teacher helper for the day.

"H-hey now, you know the drill!"

The one being crowded, also known as Kentaro, calmed the kids after a few minutes and they followed the routine. They headed outside their classroom and the school's two big blue doors and followed Kentaro to the nearby bus stop.

Once the bus could be seen turning the corner, all the kids started cheering. Everyone but a little girl that instead dreaded the journey home. She didn't understand why all the others couldn't wait to get to the place they called home. The female and her thoughts silently boarded the bus, finding an empty seat in the back to look out the window and contemplate her classmates happiness.

'I don't get it. Why are they all so happy? Mom said, she said-'

The little female's thoughts were interrupted when she saw someone sit next to her. Turning her head to look at the other, she saw one of her friends, Ishiro. Always a happy-go-lucky guy, he had a wide smile plastered on his face.

Ishiro Description:

He has dark brown hair and pale skin, glasses that almost perfectly shape his black eyes, and barely visible freckles.

He likes to keep people happy, going as far as to make a fool of himself in public to turn someone's frown upside down, and he's a born genius.

End of description

"What's up? You have that face again." He boops your nose, the female followed his finger and in the process went cross eyed. Shaking her head, she lightly pushed him.

"Why do you always do that?"

"Because I can."

"I never gave you permission to do that."

"Awe, come on, your reaction every time is ten out of ten."

She folded her arms, turning her back to him, flinching slightly when he spoke next.

"Every time you get on this bus you go silent and tune everything out. Do you not want to go home? And why do you always get off on the first stop and walk home the rest of the way?"

'Uh oh, he knows! How does he know?! I always take the path behind the houses, and from the buses window it looks like I'm going in and the trees block the path so no one would be able to see that I'm not actually going in the house.'

"I, um, I only go silent because I'm thinking and I don't like to be disturbed. And I do want to go home, like everyone else, I just don't show my excitement as much. As for walking home, I would like to walk home from the start, but everybody knows Mrs. Sims won't allow it. Wait, how did you know I walk home the rest of the way?"