CHAPTER SEVEN

"I still don't get what the big deal is." The (e/c) eyed female said while she and her friend walked along the sidewalk leading to their school. The black and red haired female let out a frustrated groan, "Must I explain further?"

"Yes. You must. My brain doesn't comprehend you or your words."

Pulling at the roots of her hair, the hazel eyed female internally screamed. After a moment she let her hands fall back to her side.

"Okay, fine. So you know how each library dumps old books and replaces them with the latest shipment?" The (e/c) eyed female nodded her head in response, "Well, our school's library just got a new shipment last week and their finally putting the books on their shelves for the taking!"

The female looked at her friend, amusement apparent on her features as she shrugged, "So what does that mean?"

Her friend just gasped and stood in front of the girl, shaking her shoulders.

"What does it mean? Oh I'll tell you what it means. It means there are new books to be had and that we are heading straight to the library when we get on campus so that I may indulge myself in the books the gods have bestowed upon our school, that's what it means!"

Aly had always been like this, and the female couldn't blame her. They were both bookworms, only the (h/c) haired female knew better about showing her emotions for things. It was instinct now and probably forever. Which is also why she could keep a secret better than most, only letting it slip if she deemed it not worth her time being pestered. Or if she simply wanted revenge on someone, whichever came first.

"I guess we better get going then," the female pointed behind her friend to the school that was in view and her friend immediately let go of her, instead pulling her wrist as she ran towards the school, "Your right. The sooner the better."

With that they sped through the school's front entrance and down the halls, into an outside area and to the library building. As soon as they were inside, Aly sped faster to the section where she had heard the new books were being kept.

Panting lightly they stared at the new books that stood out from the rest. The colors were fresh, not dull, and the books didn't look beaten or abused in any way. A little to the side was an old wooden ladder that led to the higher books on the shelves.

The female and her friend moved it to the area of the new books when her friend looked at her, "Go up and see if you can find a book you like, I'll start down here, we have plenty of time before the bell rings."

The female simply nodded as took hold of the side of the staircase like ladder and climbed it t'ill the top shelf of books was in arms reach. Most of the books had golden labels that held the book's titles, and each title was in a different intricate font. Her fingers traced each golden letter, carefully reading each title to see what might interest herself.

A certain book caught her eye, "Scared to Leave, Afraid to Stay". Flipping to the back of the back as she pulled it out of it's designated place she read the description of the book.

Murmuring to herself, she summarized the description, "So...It's about ten woman's stories about them and their children trying to survive and escape a psychopath? That sounds... Awesome. Looks like I've chosen my one non school related book. But I can't help but feel something is, odd. Oh well, doesn't hurt to buy a book. It might come in handy."

The female shook her head dismissively and looked down at her friend.

"Hey Aly, I've got mine, you ready?" Her friend was in the middle of scanning the titles of books that were in front of the ladder.

"Fine, sure, whatever. I'll just come back tomorrow," the other female decided on a book and attempted to carefully pull the book out without bumping the ladder. Her attempt failed miserably, the back of her hand bumped into one of the ladder's side rails making it shake as the female on top of it tried to keep her balance.

The female's friend steadied the ladder and set it back in place against the bookshelf. However, this was futile as the (h/c) haired female hadn't balanced herself and fell backwards towards the floor, which she never hit.

Caught by a pair of tone arms, she looked up at her savior, "Oh hey Ishiro, 'sup?" She chuckled awkwardly with a hand rubbing the back of her neck. Meanwhile her friend had caught the female's book, no longer interested in the male and female's conversation.

"You never came up with your.. Friend. We got worried that something had happened to you."

Hearing this made the female blush and almost jump out of his arms. The male frowned at the lack of warmth but said nothing. 

"A-anyways, you didn't have to come looking for me, either way, I owe you."

She said this with a bright smile. The brown haired male swore his heart was beating a mile a minute and it was his turn to blush. His face took on a beet red, including his ears. He cleared his throat and hid his face from her. When he regained his composure, the male turned back to the female, opening his mouth right before the bell rang.

The (e/c) eyed female turned to bid her friend farewell only to find she was no where in sight.

Shrugging, she turned back to the male and grabbed his hand to lead him to their class, "Let's go."

They arrived at the class as everyone else was, sighing in relief. The female sat down at her desk and as usual Ishiro pulled up a chair to sit next to her.

 "So. Tell me. What were you going to say?"

The male raised a questioning eyebrow, "I'm sure I don't know what you mean."

"I'm talking about when the bell rang. What were you going to say?"

Ishiro suddenly became expressionless. Not normal expressionless though, like he was trying to hide something. Of what? She couldn't be sure, so she waited patiently for him to speak.

"You said you owe me, right?"

"Um, yeah. What about it?"

"I want you to fulfill your promise to me. About meeting me someplace to answer any questions I may have?"

The female didn't have time to respond as the teacher walked in prepared to teach.

"Answer me later," was all the male said as he gave up the chair he was sitting in and sat in his own. 

~~Time Skip~~

The bell rang signalling the start of the female's lunch period and she hastily packed her things, slung her bag on her arm and headed out the door ready to get lunch and head to the roof. She skidded to a halt a few feet away from the classroom she just left and from the people in front of her. Her five friends were waiting outside the door seemingly waiting for her.

"W-um, what's going on here?"

The female scanned the scene in front of her. The four males had smiles on their faces, especially Uki-kun, while her best friend stood behind them pouting furiously.

(A/n)-

Cliffhangers are fun. At least for the author. I planned to keep going but a sudden wave of nothingness along with a big heaping side of depression hit me and I lost all motivation for writing about characters or their "emotions". Anyone else get the kind of depression that makes you feel like at the moment it's the only emotion you have? Like it's both your comfort and the source of your numbness?

That's me... pretty much everyday, although this time it's for a reason which I won't voice since I'm sure most of you don't want to know. So I'm sorry, truly am, I would've just paused the writing today and finished it tomorrow and then updated. But I felt bad for not updating any real chapters for a few days.

Shout out to @ashvining who was the first person to vote on my story. And they have voted on every one of my updates, even my (A/n)-'s, so special thanks to them. I really appreciate that they took the time to read my author notes, especially since they can be very boring to some people.

Bye bye <3.