A Normal Day In Duckberg.....Right?!

Maria's Point Of View
It was quite a normal morning here in DuckBerg with my brothers helping uncle Donald with his first ever job interview while I got ready to go to my shop and open it.

It was funny knowing they wanted uncle Donald gone as soon as possible for their chance at freedom.

I put a pink rose in my hair for today that matched my pink t-shirt and my white skirt as Louie gave me a nod as he was talking to Uncle Donald while Huey checked his junior woodchuck guidebook before telling me some facts about flowers for today.

Uncle Donald was currently trying to get his sailor uniform out of the dyer as I made sure Huey wasn't burning the breakfast for uncle Donald or in danger of burning himself and his hat.

Knowing the boys so well they were planning something so I decided to head on hugging the boys one by one and then my uncle Donald wishing him good luck for his job interview.

I walked out of the houseboat and started heading into town towards my simple little flower shop. The streets were quiet for the moment so I wasted no time to open up and got my flowers watered and fed.

I pulled up the blinds seeing the sun shine on the plants while also placing fresh flowers outside to draw customers in before walking over to the counter ready for the customers walking in.

It was quite a normal morning with not many people buying flowers so I was mainly in the back reorganising the bouquets people ordered online until I heard a familiar voice calling from the front.

Fenton: "Maria are you there I need your problem solving skills or perhaps your excellent knowledge on plants/flowers equivalent to the speed of light or maybe time and space!!!"

I knew that frantic voice anywhere so I quickly headed out from the back and over towards the counter seeing my favourite genius pacing around quickly.........

Fenton Crackshell Cabrera.

He's been my only friend since I was young. If I remember correctly he helped me come out of my shell a bit more at school and made a joke about it being so similar to his middle name making me laugh and becoming his friend.

Me: "Fenton what can I help you with today?"

Fenton: "Ah Maria thank the heavens your here of course your always here but that's not the point Dr Gearloose is trying out a new project using the petals of certain types of flowers and I need only the best of your rare flowers on the double!!"

Wasting no time I went into the back of my shop sorting out the flowers making sure none of them were crushed or had lost any petals before presenting them to him seeing his face light up.

He always knew how to make me smile even if he didn't realise it with his cute smile or anything he does regarding either him explaining science to me or about his upcoming project.