A Little Break Is Just What You Need

Maria's Point Of View
It was closing time for my shop as I sighed in relief knowing another day was over me and I could get some reading done as i left the shop locking it before walking back to the mansion.

Having a slow walk home I started to wonder if Fenton needed a break so before I went back to the mansion I decided to buy Fenton some glazed donuts because trust me he screams in delight every time.

Once I got the glazed donuts the journey began towards Scrooge's money bank. Fenton told me about Dr Gearloose's schedule so I was safe from his science wrath.

During the elevator down I started to worry if I walked in at a bad time or maybe I would be interrupting Fenton with his work, or maybe he would be already home.

But it was neither of my theory's as I saw him asleep at a desk. He always has the cutest expressions when he's asleep as I couldn't help but quietly chuckle at him as I stepped into the lab.

Lil bulb noticed me instantly lighting up as I petted his head and went over to where Fenton was sleeping saying science quotes in his sleep. Lil bulb jumped up onto the desk as I set the glazed donuts down and gently touched his shoulder.

Me: "Fenton?......You need to wake up........Oh no the lab's on fire!!!!!"

Fenton: *Jumps up* "No not the clipboards!!!"

He looked around frantically until he looked up
at me and groaned as I handed him the bag of donuts as Fenton looked at me skeptically.

Fenton: "Maria?...Wha..What are you doing here Dr Gearloose should be back any second now or any moment you've got to hide!!!"

Me: "Fenton check the time on your phone"

Fenton checked his phone opening it up and groaning at the time.

Fenton: "Let me guess I overslept on the job"

Me: "I'm guessing yes, I brought you some food  I think you'll enjoy"

He rubbed his eyes gazing at the bag in front of him as Fenton's eyes widened as he squealed.

Fenton: "Glazed donuts!!!??? Yes the perfect food for late night experiments!!!"

I sat down beside him watching him munch happily on his glazed donuts as I checked my phone with a text from Mrs Beakly telling me that she will tell my family where I was.

But my brothers meanwhile were teasing me relentlessly so I checked the time instead knowing that it should be time for Fenton to go home.

Fenton: "I really should keep a track of the time as well as my progress on the latest of my experiments!!"

Me: "Fenton...it's late maybe you should head home now c'mon I'll walk you home"

Fenton: "That's nice of you Maria but...with all the projects Dr Gearloose is making me work on I barely have the time to focus on the time"

That's all I needed to hear before I practically removed him from the desk and walked him over to the elevator saying goodbye to Lil bulb on the way out.

Me: "Fenton you are going home right now as you are far too tired to continue working on Science!!"

He nodded stumbling into the elevator as I sighed pressing the button as I kept an eye on him feeling concerned about Fenton.

Fenton was always usually wide awake, excited and always babbling about science facts that I didn't even know about making me smile as I saw his eyes twinkle with happiness.

Fenton's Point Of View
Blathering Blatherskite I knew I should've have paid more attention on my work hours otherwise I wouldn't be oversleeping on the job for the third time this week.

The walk back to my house was quite pleasant as the stars were in their perfect position to reflect Maria's gorgeous eyes.....Did I say gorgeous I meant radiant.

She made sure I was walking straight or didn't trip over small pebbles laying in the middle of the street. Maria truly knows how to look out for me even when I'm busy with my work for Dr Gearloose.

Once we arrived at my home she walked me to the door probably worried for my state of mind at the moment of time. I entered my home seeing my M'ma on the couch watching her soap opera.

M'ma: "Fenton where have you been??! Do you realise how late you are!"

Me: "Sorry M'ma I.....actually fell asleep at my desk but thankfully Maria....."

M'ma: "Maria!!! How long has it been?? Fenton you should have told me she was coming over I would have prepared dinner!"

Maria: "Hola miss cabrera sorry I can't stay long how have you been?"

M'ma: "Oh the usual crooks in this city making my job a nightmare at times! Fenton did you offer her a place to stay for the night!?"

Fenton: "M'ma!"

Maria chuckled saying good night to the both of us but she hugged me gently as I heard my M'ma awing at us which was slightly annoying before she left walking back to her home.

My M'ma kept teasing me before I said goodnight to her, heading to my room, closing the door behind me and falling to my bed with many thoughts surrounding my mind.

I've always had a crush on Maria but I cannot express my feelings towards her without stammering my words every time as I always got lost in her eyes or she said something adorable.

Knowing it was far too late I wrapped the cover of my bed around me, set my alarm and went to bed sighing in comfort knowing about the rough day I would have tomorrow with Dr Gearloose.

A/n: Hello everybody!!!!! Hope everyone's having a good day/night okay bye!