Dᴀʏ 4 : ᴅᴀʀᴋ

Roger's P O V

Warning : Mentions Of Self Harm, Blood. Nothing Too Gory.

I never wanted to do this. Never in my life did I want to feel this way, but there I was sat in the corner in the room, alone in the house in total darkness, sobbing with a blood soaked knife in my hand.

I was almost too shaky to function - both mentally and physically weak with pain of the same category. I didn't blame anyone but myself.

Me and Brian argued today - but it wasn't a normal couple argument. Brian threatened to leave me all alone, and walked out for a ' stroll '.

I didn't think he was coming back.

As the thought crossed my mind, I slit another unbearable cut into my wrist skin, making me scream out in self - hatred. I clenched the objects around me, even if I didn't see a thing.

That's when the door opened hastily, and I heard a call. " Roger! Roger..? Wh - Why Are All The Lights Out? Are You Home..? What Was That Noise..? "

I couldn't stay quiet with the pain that filled up inside of me, I hoarsely groaned out in agony. 

I could already feel Brian stumbling blindly up the stairs, trying to find his way around in the pitch black. He knew I was in pain and I hated it. 

" Why Are You Back..? " I gargled broadly, quivering as I felt warm breath hit my face. I could feel his usually happy presence in front of me, facing me even without his sight or mine. " That Doesn't Matter. " he said. " Why Are You Groaning Out? Are You Hurt? "

And then he reached for my wrist, his hand instantly being smothered in the red, self - inflicted substance leaking constantly from my pale wrists. Brian breathed in with horror. 

" No. " he said. " Please God No. Roger...Don't Tell Me You've- "

He was interrupted by a vocal gasp of pain that I belted out, from him softly clenching my wrists. I groaned coldly. " I - I - Im..Sorry! " I blubbed as Brian's hand shakily met my cheek.

" Where's The Light? " he fretted fearfully, And I led his hand towards the switch, barely being able to clutch him because of how weak I was. As it flicked on I winced and the blood surrounding me was visible. So was Brian.

His face, I only just realised, cried tears as I did. I looked down at my arms. They were absolutely soaked in red, passing onto my jeans, and around my upper arms. Brian whimpered And shuddered as he looked down too.

" This Is All My Fault.. " he softly whispered guiltily, and I shook my head.

" N - No. " I croaked. " It's Mine For Being So - Ah..So...Darn Stupid..! ". After that I let out another painful shout, an invitation for Brian to look for the band - aids as he did. He scattered about hastily, before sitting down back in front of me and ever so gently holding my arms so he could bandage me up.

I just looked at him. I felt a wave of memories come flooding back, from when we were younger, in the late 60s, playing together just once a week, getting drinks at the bar. Never did I think we would ever be anything more than friends.

" I'm Sorry That You Don't Love Me Anymore. I Understand. You Can Go After This. I Won't Be Angry. " I shuddered, making him look up at me with an expression that suggested I was wrong. He stopped what he was doing and put his face closer to mine, his warm breath heating my frosty lips.

" I Never Meant A Word I Said, Roger. Of Course I Still Love You - I - I Just Didn't Realise You Were Gonna Be This Bad If I Was...That Bad. I Should Be Saying Sorry. This Is My Fault. "

With a weak, bandaged hand, I felt his face and pressed his warm lips towards my own, and he softly smooched my mouth, making it last long enough to bring the slightest smirk to my face. 

" Thank You, Though, For Bandaging Me Up. You Are Such A Good Person. "

Brian hesitated, and pulled me in for a long hug, and I rested on his slowly rising and falling chest, against his relieving heartbeat.

" I Try My Best, Love. "

" That's Good Enough For Me. "