Part Five

I was taken good care of by the girl and her father and her friend as I healed up in their care over the course of the winter. I learned that her name is Debbie and she is wanting to go to college for medicine. I think she would make a good doctor someday as she is always talking about medicine and that she likes to help others.

I was always on the move from Debbie's house to the clinic, and to Mark's house so it would be hard for the people looking for me to find me. Since my wing was still healing slowly I could not fly yet so I spent a lot of time running with Debbie to stay in good shape and to spend some time in the woods I missed. She was very fast and could easily outrun me no matter how fast I was on foot. She loved to run and was planning on trying to get an athletic scholarship next year if she could. She had to skip trying this year due to the plane crash.

9-She spent a lot of time helping me to bring my own school education up to her level. And when the weather finally warmed back up I was ready to fly again. I joined Debbie on her run through the woods and halfway through I stretched my wings out and jumped into the air. I flew up high enough to not be seen easily from the ground and spent some time flying over the woods and seeing what had changed during my time away from it.

I landed near where Debbie was running and pulled a shirt back on to hide my wings and rejoined her as she finished her run along the forest trail we both loved to run together. With my wings hidden under the shirt we returned to our run through the last of the forest. I had no idea just how much things were about to change but that is the way of my life since I left the forest and it's protection.

We got back to her house and her friend Samantha was there waiting for her. Samantha was good looking with blond hair, a nice figure and green eyes as well as a nice set of legs. Samantha has no clue about my wings and I want to keep it that way. Several times Debbie has caught me looking at Samantha and teased me about wanting to spend some time alone with her.

Debbie showered and left me to talk with her. We went inside and and she told me all about herself while Debbie took her time in the shower. I had a hard time talking with Samantha because she had no clue about my past or about my wings. Debbie finally showed up and asked Samantha if she felt like going swimming and then, just to be a bit of a joker and to tease me, she asked if I wanted to join them.

She knew I could not afford to do so and so I simply walked silently out of the room and then back outside. The back yard was good sized and gave an excellent view of the woods that until recently had been my home. I needed to find some peace but could not risk flying. So instead I went back in and grabbed my flute and then went back outside with it.

I picked a spot in the yard and started playing my flute to find some peace and to forget the stress of the past few months. I started playing and was starting to relax when I was rudely interrupted by a blast of cold water from over the fence by the old lady next door with her garden hose. “Hey! Watch where you spray that please!” I was rewarded by more water as the lady turned the hose up to full output.

I walked into the house feeling more defeated than before. I changed into dry clothes and went out to the back yard again. I went to the far side of the yard and set down to try to relax but the lady next door simply used a nozzle on her hose to reach me with the water. After being soaked again I lost my patience with her stupidity and simply leaped over the fence and yanked the hose out of her hands then turned it on her.