Come Together

February 16, 1958

Liverpool, England

     It was 7 am. As Paul lays in bed, the sun rays start peeking through his window. He groans as the light enters his room. He then checks the time.

Paul leans over to check his clock. His eyes shot open. "Shit!! I'm gonna be late for school!" Paul hurriedly gets dressed and combs his hair in his usual 'mop top' style. He runs downstairs and gathers his usual school stuff.

   Paul's POV: 

     "Bye 'da!" I yell to my father. I quickly put on my coat and run out the door. I get to the school rather early, and I see George sitting on the school steps. I smile and stride right up to him.

      "Hey Georgie!" I call out to him. I see George eating a sandwich and he just smiles and waves back. George is one of my best friends. I've known him since grade 2 and he's been my best mate ever since. I plop down on the steps right next to him. He eats the rest of his sandwich as I light a fag.

"Whats up Paul?" He says. I turn and look at him and I simply reply with, "not much mate. How are you and Rings?" George has been friends with Ringo for a couple weeks now. I've never really talked to the bloke, seeing as how I rarely see him. But I have to admit, he does seem like a nice lad.

"Oh Ringo? Yea, suppose he's pretty good. Haven't talked to him lately." He says. I simply nod my head. I wanted to ask why he hasn't been talking to him recently, but before I could, the bell rings.

     I put my fag out. I head to my locker to get my stuff ready for my first hour. George isn't in any of my classes which sucks but I'll have to live. I walk to my class down the hall, and I sit down in the front of the classroom, and that's when I notice a couple of tall lads walking in.

      I look at the taller, auburn haired lad and I instantly recognize him. "Isn't that.....John? John Lennon?" I knew that John liked to cause a lot of trouble and wasn't the best student ever. That's why I recognized him. He was pretty popular and a lot of birds seem to like him, which is good.

     I don't like his other friend. Not one bit. I believe his name is Stuart. Or Stu for short. Sure, he was a good lookin' lad but his attitude was even worse then John's. He's called me a few names before, but it never bothered me all that much.

I watch as the two young lads sit in the back of the room. A couple of birds giggling as they eye them every once in a while. The teacher enters the room and everyone immediately quiets down.

The class starts and I start zoning out. I start thinking about him...John. I quickly snap out of my thoughts and I slump into my chair.

      "This lesson is boring...I think I'm gonna skip next period.." I think to myself. I've never skipped, but this day is gonna be a long one.

Once class ends, I quickly go into the loo where I'll stay for the next hour. I look at the clock and Realize that second period has already started, and I start wondering the halls. I turn a corner and I run into a taller lad.

"Hey watch-" the taller man begins to say. It's John.
"Oh..hi. I'm sorry. I didn't quite see you there.." John says.

"Its quite alright." I quickly assure him. He then looks down at my small form and says, "why aren't you in class?" He sounds like such a teacher..

"The classes were getting boring so I decided to skip this one," I shrugged. "I oughta tell a teacher, don't ya think?" John looks down and smirks. I chuckle and say, "that won't be necessary."