Rain Rain Go Away

Hey friends! Sorry this is so short, I've lost motivation for this story (I knew I would) but I'm determined to finish it! However, that means shorter chapters because I write it super late! Sorry! Enjoy!!

The day continued with little excitement. Sang was able to see some of the boys' talents. She sat next to Gabriel as he sketched some new clothing patterns, she and Luke baked a cake for after dinner. The rain let up a bit, allowing her to be able to go see some of the animals that lived on the farm with Kota and Nathan.

Sean was still gone until well after dinner, supper was on the table when he finally walked in the door again. He sat down on the sofa with a heavy sigh. "Kayli had twins, Marc panicked and came to get me just after her water broke, so lost of the time I was there was unnecessary. But it was also useless to come home because then I'd just have to turn around again. Ah, but coming home to Pookie makes it all worth it."

A light blush dusted over Sang's cheeks as she remembered the decision she had made earlier that day. She eagerly awaited the next time they proposed.

Supper was lovely, lots of laughs and funny stories made it even more enjoyable. After supper, Sang managed to convince Victor to share the glory and let Owen play her song with him. The whole group gathered in the secret room, a few of them only there because of Sang's excitement, to watch the duo.

As one might expect, the song was even better when the violin was added.

They played a few games after the mini recital, then made their way to bed. The rain had stopped but large puddles still filled the ground.

The day, though unexpected, was wonderful mostly because of Sang's company.

~*~

Sang sat in her room at the boarding house. She had come back into town that morning, all nine boys escorting her back. Each of them kissed wither her cheek or hand as they said goodbye. She smiled at the memory.

Jessica came bathing into the room, "Sang! It's so good to see you! We were so worried when the rain started so late." She closed the door. "So, how was it spending time with my brother and his friends?"

Sang laughed and patted the bed next to her, signaling Jessica to sit. "It was very enjoyable. I got to learn more about them than I thought I would."

"Do you think you could see yourself being with them for... ever?"

Sang nudged Jessica with her elbow. "Jessica," she sighed.

"Well?"

"Yeah. I could."

Jessica smiled.

Phantom Maiden may be strange, but it wasn't bad.

~*~*~
Word count: 425
Uploaded: 11 September 2019