Bonus and Sad News (AN)

I have a bonus chapter for you! It takes place in chapter 2 (Ulterior Motives). Also sad news because I'm putting this story on hold/hiatus. I've just lost steam for it. No ideas for plot advancement are coming to me. This bonus chapter will hopefully make up for it a little bit. I'm so sorry to have to do this!!

Nathan pov

"Well, the nine of us are in the business for a wife, so if you find yourself desperate, we'd be happy to help."

Crap crap crap what did I just do? Why did I say that?! How to fix this, how to fix this...

Uh oh, Gabe's talking. Well, maybe he'll help.

"Or even if you're not desperate."

WHAT?! I thought you were going to help!

Kota fix this! Please! Gabe and I have already screwed it up! Make it better! I want to get to know her more!

"But don't feel pressured by any means, no one's offering you marriage just because. There's ten men to every woman in Phantom Maiden, and you'll see that while many of the women have taken more than one husband, there are some who only have one. We're just eager because we've waited a while to find a wife, and now all of the girls that are marrying age are already married."

Gah! Please, God, let that have helped!

"I think I'd have to meet the rest of you, but the thought of more than one husband doesn't necessarily scare me. My life has never been normal, so I don't see why it would start now."

She's not running away screaming!! Thank you, God!

Gabriel pov

Nate, what the flabbootle did you just say?!

You're gonna mess this up for us!

...

Crap! Now I've messed it up for us!

...

Oh, Kota! I owe you my life! You've managed to say something not stupid and give us a chance at winning Sang's love!

...

Yep! Kota, you are a lifesaver. Or lovesaver... hmm...

Kota pov

Idiots. I'm surrounded by idiots. Except for Sang.

~*~
Word count: 283
Uploaded: 9 October 2019