chapter 0.1

— the rude reality —

____________________________________

-Ariella Rose-

The morning wind blew into the room from the slightly ajar window. It was still early in the morning, the sun had barely risen. The alarm to your phone went off. You groaned in annoyance as you clicked the snooze button and went back to sleep.

Five minutes later another alarm rings causing you to wake up even more annoyed than before. You sighed heavily and got up, today was your first day at the new school. The unfortunate thing was that school was already halfway through the school year.

You kept the outfit simple, you wore an olive oversized hoodie, black ripped jeans and a pair of combat boots. You left your long brown hair natural seeing you weren't in the mood for much effort.

Walking to the mirror you applied some concealer to cover the bruise on your cheekbone and neck. Everyone has secrets they never share, right?

You quietly snuck downstairs hoping he wasn't up and luckily he wasn't. He was passed out asleep on the couch surrounded by beer bottles. You made your way outside and walked toward the local bus stop.

As you waited there for the bus you kept your hood over your head. You didn't plan on many people seeing your face. Though your bruise is covered with makeup, it can still be seen. Along with a few scars. Though at school, keeping the hoodie on would be difficult seeing the rules regulations.

A group of guys started to walk up to the stop. You grabbed your earbuds and listened to some music. Not paying any attention to the guys next to you.

Well here's the introduction, my name is Ariella Rose. I am 18 years old and I live with my father who is alcoholic and abusive. Why don't I report him to the police? It's because I deserve it, all the guilt and blame I carry. To me, it's the punishment. But that story is for later... Now on to the story.

The bus finally pulled up and you quickly get on before the guys could make it on. Finding a window seat in the back you sat down and set your bag to the side. You felt a pair of eyes on you, looking over you see a boy with raven black hair and dark eyes staring at you. His eyes told a story, one you were intrigued in. You turn your gaze back outside the window before things got awkward.

The bus pulled up to the front of the school. The school was huge! So many buildings... it was like a college campus. You grabbed your bag and headed off the bus, you already had gotten your schedule online so there wasn't any need to go to the office.

'how am I suppose to find my way around...'

Music still playing, you walked around the halls full of people, you got a couple of weird looks. People seem to be muttering things while looking at you. That's great... You take another look at your schedule on your phone, only then you collide with something hard. Your phone dropped out of your hands and hit the ground.