Short Story - Ranka in Another World pt.1

In another universe, Ranka ran as fast as she could. No matter how much she sucked air into her lungs, it wouldn't be enough and her lungs would sting at the pain.

She had been running for weeks and she was tired. It was exhausting to be chased and she wanted it all to be over yet she didn't want be caught. She wouldn't let herself be caught. She didn't want to give him the pleasure of her giving in.

Just when she turned a corner, never looking back, she slammed against someone else.

The person was quick to catch her before she actually fell. Her mind was busy and in panic. She had wasted time. Just when she heard hurried foot steps, she looked back in panic and took some steps back. She had not noticed how she going within a coat. Just when she realized the feeling of gravity did she notice that she was falling into a dark space. The space she had passed through closed and she was engulfed with complete darkness.

Fear death licked her nape as she squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for an impact to be the end of her.

"Wah!"

She heard a male voice gasp out in surprise and at the same time she had collided against someone again. She had not died, at least not yet.

Surprised that she had not died yet, she quickly opened her eyes.

She froze. The face in front of her was her face. She was sure it was her face but the hair was wrong and clothes were wrong.

What?

The face in front of her looked surprised as well. The doppelgänger was examining her and she too was doing the same.

They heard the door slam open and hurried steps made their way to them.

"Ranka!"

They both turned their heads towards the caller.

She recognized him.

"Huh? What's going on here?"

It was Dazai Osamu, the one who was chasing her