Short Story - Ranka, Mine Only

Ranka belonged him and only him. The tiny bundle of joy was his to protect, his to tease, and his to love.

By all means, the way he showed his love was not always normal. Dazai knew but Ranka did not.

Like that time, when Dazai gifted Ranka a piercing with gps installed. The younger man accepted the gift gratefully, never questioning Dazai's affection.

There was also that time when Dazai had left hideous bite marks on Ranka's nape and made the raven go out with his nape exposed. Ranka had complained, his face red from embarrassment, but still complied.

What Dazai loved the most was to slowly deranging Ranka's mind. Dazai felt so fulfilled having Ranka think that the brunette did not love the raven yet Ranka still yearned for him.

Telling the raven that he was willing to die along with a beautiful woman. A romantic double suicide was something Dazai sang like a mantra. Ranka was not a woman. Beautiful, he was but a woman, he was not. Dazai would not die. Therefore, Ranka would not die. If he died, Dazai knew that Ranka would follow after him.

Ranka whole heartedly welcomed the cage where Dazai put him in for two years. The raven thanked Dazai when the brunette tied him up. The younger of the two loved receiving Dazai.

To say the least, Dazai was pleased. Ranka only lived for Dazai. He only existed because of Dazai. Ranka belonged to Dazai and because of that, Ranka accepted Dazai's abnormal affection.

He had left Ranka in Dazai's care after all. He knew of Dazai's crooked love. So, Ranka was his and his only.