Chapter One

Fifteen Years Ago:

(Y/N) rolled her eyes, watching Sam play poker with two other prisoners for cigarettes as she walked over. He looked up, noticing her and smiled cheekily as she sat beside him. "I thought prison would get you to stop smoking." Mya said as he wrapped his arm around her loosley, as he chuckled. "Well I guess we'll have to go to another prison next time mi amor." He said, quickly kissing her lips. "Ew you taste like cigarettes." (Y/N) said, playfully gagging. That earned her a light slap on her shoulder.

They sat there for a little while, (Y/N) observing Sams little ticks and fidgets as he focused on the game of poker. She took in his hazel eyes, and his shaggy brown hair that she loved to play with. She didn't know how he does it, but Sam makes (Y/N) fall in love with him more and more everyday.

A few minutes later, (Y/N) glanced around the courtyard, spotting Nathan walking over to them. "I'm sorry hermoso (hermoso is handsome in spanish), but we have more important things than poker and cigarettes now." (Y/N) stated, standing up and waiting for Sam to wrap it up with the other two inmates. He said something in spanish that made both of them chuckle, tossed them both a cig, and walked over to Nate, as he lit his dart. (Y/N) followed close behind.

"Jesus, they worked you over good, you alright?" Sam asked, As (Y/N) studied the bruises on Nathan's face. "Nothing that some ice couldn't fix." She thought. "That is, if we actually had ice..." "Eh, Just another day at the office." Nathan replied, lightly prodding at the bruise underneath his right eye.

"I'll patch you up as soon as we get the hell out of here, ok?" (Y/N) said, investigating his red, and slightly bloody knuckles. "Yes mom." Nathan joked, causing (Y/N) to roll her eyes and take a step backwards.

"Come on you two." Nathan said, walking in the opposite direction. "Hey whoa, whoa, whoa." Sam said, stepping in front of him. "You're not gonna just keep us in suspense, are you?" He asked. Nathan looked in between the two for a moment, a sly grin on his face. "You were right." He said to Sam. (Y/N) smiled "Yes!" She said to herself happily. Sam chuckled gleefully, grabbing (Y/N)'s hand.

"No, we were right" Sam said as (Y/N) gave his hand a light squeeze, and then kissed his cheek. "Now all we have to do is find Rafe-" "Ah, Rafe." Nathan grumbled, grimacing slightly. "Boys please don't start." (Y/N) said, but to no avail. "Oh come on!" Nathan exclaimed slightly Like you said, we did this, you, (Y/N), and me. Now this rich asshole comes in on the tail end-" "How long have we been trying to get in here for? Hm?" Sam asked. Nathan looked at the ground for a moment. "We had leads-" "No we did not. We had none, zero leads." (Y/N) chimed in, causing Nathan to shoot her a look. "What? I'm not wrong am I?" "Exactly, so like it or not: No Rafe, no Vargas, and no getting in here." Sam explained. "Yeah, speaking of Vargas... we have a problem." Nathan stated.

"What kind of problem?" Asked Rafe as he walked over to the group. "Did he let you into the old prison?" Nathan nodded. "Yeah, Yeah he did." "Alright then-" "After he read the letter." He said, cutting Rafe off. "Oh..." (Y/N) said, letting out a frustrated sigh. "Hm...So how much does he know?" Rafe asked, Weighing their options of what to do in his head. "Enough that he wants a cut." Nathan replied.

"Ah, shit..." Sam muttered, throwing his cigarette on the ground. "Rafe, if anyone else finds out-" "I'll-I'll work it out with Vargas," Rafe said, "Don't sweat it. Let's just...let's just get onto more important matters." (Y/N) nodded. "I agree, but let's find somewhere a little more, uh private?" She suggested. "Yep." Sam said, and the group headed off to the prisons laundry room.

They arrived shortly later into the seemingly empty room. Sam wandered slightly ahead to make sure they were alone. "Alright, the coast is clear." He stated, walking back towards the other three. "Ok, so what have we got?" Rafe asked, rubbing his hands together in excitement. Nate pulled out what seemed to be some sort of old cross engraved with gold. "Ooh, shit." Sam muttered in awe, making (Y/N) smile slightly.

"Huh...Hey!" Nathan exclaimed, when Rafe tried to take it from his hands. Rafe sighed. "May I?" Nathan looked over at (Y/N), who nodded. He reluctantly, handed it over to Rafe. He examined it quietly, looking it up and down. "Wood with gold and silver inlay...It's well made." He looked at the bottom of the cross. "It's hollow. Why would one of Avery's men go through the trouble of hiding a cheap crucifix?" He said in confusion.

"Uh, it's not- it's not a crucifix technically. A crucifix is a representation of Jesus. That isn't Jesus." (Y/N) explained. Sam chuckled. "Atta girl." He said, slightly impressed. Mya giggled, feeling a blush creeping onto her cheeks. 'Jesus. I've been dating Sam for over a year and he can still make me blush like a schoolgirl.' She thought. "Well, you're right. No crown of thorns, he's tied to the cross... Well if not Jesus then-" "Read the inscription." Nathan interrupted. Rafe flipped the cross over. "Uh...Digna factis recipimus." He said slowly. "We receive..." Sam grabbed the cross slightly. "We receive the due rewards of our deeds." He finished, handing the cross back to Rafe. "Yeah." Nathan said.

"Look at you." Rafe said jokingly. "Well there's a benefit of growing up in a Caltholic Orphanage, and being raised in a strict catholic household." (Y/N) said. "It's Saint Dismus." "Yeah the penitent thief, but where's the connection?" Nathan asked her.

"Ok guys let's just pretend I skipped all of Sunday school." Rafe said. "Ah, ok. During the crucifixion Jesus is placed between two thieves. Okay, one of them mocked Jesus, the other guy... was penitent. He accepted his punishment with grace." Sam explained. "And Jesus brought him to Paradise." Nate finished. "Penitent thief..." Rafe muttered.

Sam laughed, shaking his head slightly. "You figured it out." (Y/N) said. "There's a Cathedral Of Saint Dismas... in Scotland." Sam said. "Wait...the last sighting of Avery was in Scotland." Nate added. "Boys, that can't be a coincidence." (Y/N) stated, a smile forming on her face. Sam chuckled, smiling back at her.

"You know, I had my doubts about you three, but..." Rafe looked down at the ground, smirking. He looked back up at the other three. "Let's find Vargas. Get the hell out of this shit hole." "Agreed." (Y/N) replied, starting to walk out. "You know, when we get outta here, the first thing I'm going to do is take a warm shower- the hell?" She cut herself off when they were blocked from leaving by a group of prisoners.

"I'll-" Rafe scoffed as they slowly backed up. "Let me guess, this is the guy you picked a fight with?" (Y/N) glanced behind her, and realized that they were surrounded. "Ah..I didn't know he had so many friends..." Nate said. The prisoner that Nate had fought stepped forward slightly.

"Te dije que no habíamos terminando." (I told you we weren't done.) He said. (Y/N) sighed. "Mira ya nos ganaste, okay?" (Look, you already beat us, okay?) She said stepping in front of Nate protectively. "Así que solo retrocede." (So just back off.) He chuckled, stepping closer to her. "Bueno, no eres tú la bonita." (You're a pretty one.) He said, his perverted eyes taking in her figure. She shivered slightly, and glared. She looked beside him and saw that Sam was practically fuming. She looked back at The prisoner, and threw another glare before stepping away.

"De totos motos, waa muy tarde para hablar de aquí no sales. (Anyway, it is too late to talk, you will not leave here.) Sam stepped forward, still looking very pissed off. "Hey, you know what?-" "Tú no te metas!" (Do not interrupt me!) The prisoner snarled. That seemed to push Sam over the edge. "Okay." He said, punching The prisoner in the face, and the fight began.

"Jesus!" (Y/N) exclaimed as she punched a guy in the face. "Did you really have to pick on the most popular guy in this joint?" "Well I didn't hear you volunteer.." Nate shot back. "Guys! Save it for later." Sam shouted.

The fight lasted for a little while longer until Vargas and the other wardens came and broke it up. "Alguien más necesita recuerde las reglas?" (Does anyone else need to remember the rules?) Vargas shouted. "Alinéense!" (On the wall!)

Everyone moved to stand against the wall as the wardens patted them down. (Y/N) groaned slightly when she noticed that one of the guards took the cross from Nathan. 'Shit.' She thought, as Vargas held it in his hands. "Are you bringing in contraband?" He barked, at Nathan. "Vargas..." (Y/N) said lowly. "Callete!" (Shut up!) he yelled.

He looked back at Nathan "Who do you think you are?" Vargas turned to one of the guards. "Llévalos a su celda!" (Take them to their cells!) He pointed to Nate, Sam, Mya, and Rafe. "Me trae a los gringos a mi oficina." (Bring these gringos to my office.) Vargas ordered. And off to Vargas' office they went.
__________________________________________
                    Word Count: 1616 words