Chapter Five

(A/N: Hey guys! sorry I've been gone for so long, I was swapped with schoolwork and my part time job. But I'm back now and ready to continue this story!)

"Come on slowpoke, we're almost there!" Sam exclaimed. (Y/N) groaned. "Look, I'm sorry I'm not an expert at scaling and climbing buildings!" She shot back, pulling herself up onto the rooftop. Sam chuckled, hopping across onto another building.

"Here we are." He said. "Good, my legs feel like Jello." (Y/N) mumbled, sitting on the edge of the rooftop, and watched as Sam hopped down onto
another rooftop below her.

He pulled out a flashlight, and flashed it three times. "What was that?" (Y/N) asked."It was a signal." "Oh... Now what?" "Now...." Sam sat down beside her. "We wait for Nathan." She nodded in understanding.

"You nervous?" She asked suddenly. "A little, but I need to do this, for the both of us." He said. "Plus, I'm not that worried because I'll have you to watch over him while I'm gone." (Y/N) chuckled. "That's true." She said.

It was quiet as they both observed the orphanage, watching the lights in the rooms turn on and off. "Aha! There he is!" Sam pointed over to a small form that was currently climbing onto a rooftop. "It'll only be a few minutes until he gets here."

And he was right; 5 minutes later, (Y/N) watched as Nathan pulled himself up onto the rooftop below him. He stared at Sam's backpack and flashlight on the ground as Mya and Sam both crept up behind him.

"Sam?" He shouted out, causing Mya to snicker to herself. He was so easy to sneak up on. "You've gotta learn to watch you back!" Sam exclaimed, picking Nathan up and spinning him around. (Y/N) laughed as Sam put him down. "Heya kiddo." She said. Sam put him down, and (Y/N) gave him a tight hug. "I missed you kid." She muttered. "I missed you guys too."

Sam looked at Nathan, noticing a red bruise below his right eye. "What's this?" He said frowning, pointing it out to (Y/N) as well. "I thought you told me you'd stay out of trouble." She felt anger boil up in her, and ignored Sam's comment. "Who's ass do I have to kick now?" She asked him. "(Y/N)-" "No Sam! No one touches him without severe punishments!-" "Can it (Y/N)!" Sam shouted, Causing her to back down. "Now, tell me what happened."

Nathan sighed. "He said that dad left us here because we're worthless, and mom is in hell because-" "Ok, Ok." Sam took a breath. "They're only saying that because it gets to you. You have to learn to let things go." He said. "You wouldn't." Sam looked over at (Y/N), his eyes begging her for help. "Well...do as we say, not as we do." She said. "But seriously, you give me this kids name and he won't bother you again-" Sam cut her off by slapping her on the shoulder. "Ow! What was that for!" "You're encouraging him." "Oh you know what-" "Why are you guys here?" Nathan asked. "I mean, it's great to see you both, but..." "Well, I want to show you something, and it couldn't wait till Christmas, it's outside." "What happened to staying out of trouble?" "This is the only exception."

"Uh huh..."
_______________________________________

(Y/N) groaned, rolling onto her side as The alarm clock she set screeched, yelling at her to get up. "Alright! I'm up, I'm up!" She shouted, sitting up and turning off the alarm.

She stood up, yawning and rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "I hate mornings..." She grumbled to herself, opening the curtains. She gazed out at the city. "Wow ...even if I'm cranky, you still can't deny that view..."

She jumped at a knock at her door. "Jesus!" She walked over and opened it. It was Sam. "Dammit Sam you gave me a heart attack!" She exclaimed. Sam chuckled. "Sorry. Nate wanted me to come make sure you're up." He explained. (Y/N) rolled her eyes. "Uh huh well he can piss off..." She grumbled. "Oh? Well someone's grumpy." Sam said. "I forgot you hate mornings." He sat down on her bed while she rummaged through her suitcase for an outfit.

(Y/N) sighed, "I want coffee..." she mumbled tiredly. "Well as soon as you get dressed we can go get breakfast." "Ok, I'm gonna go take a quick shower to help wake me up."

She walked into the bathroom and closed the door, putting her clothing on the floor and stepping into the shower. The warm water comforted her like a blanket as it flowed down her body, and she hummed in relaxation. She opened her eyes, hearing the door to the bathroom open, but she decided to stay silent.

"Mind if I join you?" Sam asked from the other side of the shower curtain, his voice sending shivers down her spine. (Y/N) smiled, opening the curtains slightly, and gazed into his hazel eyes.

"Not at all."

_______________________________________

"(Y/N)?! Are you ready yet?" Nathan shouted.
Mya looked at herself in the mirror again. She fixed her hair and black jumpsuit for the 50th time.

(This is your hair and outfit)

(A/N: If you have short hair, just imagine that it's styled like how you would for someone's wedding)

"Yeah, I'm ready." She said, quickly putting on her blue and grey jumpsuit that would protect her outfit from any debris while she was climbing, and stepped out of the hotel room.

"Jesus, it's about time." Sam said. "You took at least thirty minutes." (Y/N) shot a playful glare. "Ok, you can do my hair next time then." She shot back as they stepped into the elevator.

They got down to the parking level and got into the car they had rented. "I'm driving this time boys." (Y/N) said cheekily, quickly jumping into the driver's seat before the other two could protest against it.

She put the keys into the ignition, and drove out of the parking garage. "Alright ...take a left here." Nathan said. "Nate I can read the GPS myself." "You can read?" The boys broke out in laughter as (Y/N) slapped Nathan playfully, giggling as well. "So rude..."

"You know it."
__________________________________________
Word Count: 1064