Chapter Three

"And that's how I got out." Sam said, finishing his story about Hector Alcazar breaking him out. (Y/N)'s head began to spin again as she realized the amount of danger Sam was now in. "Holy shit...what are you gonna do?" She asked fearfully. "Well, another St.Dismas cross is going up for sale at the Rossi Estate; one that isn't empty." Nathan explained. "A clue." (Y/N) muttered. "Well, I guess we're going to Italy then huh?"

They both looked slightly stunned at how willing (Y/N) was to go with them to get the cross. "What? You boys seriously thought that I wouldn't want to go? Sam's life is in danger and there's no way in hell that I'm sitting on the sidelines for this one."

Sam smiled. "Perfect. Hey, would you mind if I used your shower? I didn't really have the time to when I was tracking down you and Nathan, and I smell like prison." (Y/N) laughed. "Of course. It's the second room to the right upstairs."

Sam thanked her, and her eyes followed him exit the room and head up to the bathroom. She looked down at the ground, trying to process all that just happened.

"Can you believe it?" Nathan asked. (Y/N) looked over at him, studying his face, he seemed thrilled to have his brother back, but was still trying to put the whole situation together too. "If I'm being honest..." she sighed. "No."

Her eyes drifted to the floor again as she spoke. "I really want to believe he's back, y'know? B-but I feel like I'm dreaming this stupid dream where he's back and we both start to talk to eachother again, and hell, maybe I'll even get to see Sully, and everything becomes ok, and then...I'll wake up. I'll wake up and I'll cry because it felt so real." She didn't even bother to wipe the tears that fell down her cheeks and onto her neck. "And I want this to be real; I really, really want this one to be real."

Nathan walked over to her, pulling her off of the couch and into his arms. (Y/N) buried her face in his shoulder, letting all of the pent up anger, hurt, and sadness out from the previous fifteen years. Nathan said nothing, holding her close until the tears had stopped streaming down her face. "It's real (Y/N); it's real."

(Y/N) sniffled, "Sorry for crying all over your shirt." She said, letting go of Nathan and stepping back slightly. Nate smiled. "Don't worry about it; but I'm starving, can I grab something to eat?" "Of course you can, lemme just go and see what I have in my fridge." (Y/N) said, "Oh, and Nate?" "Hm?"

"Thanks."

_______________________________________

The car was filled with silence on the way to the airport except for the light pitter pattering of rain hitting the roof and windows. (Y/N) yawned, gazing out her window, watching as they sped through the city. She leaned up against the suitcases that had been tossed into the backseat with her. "Tired?" Sam asked. "A little bit. I didn't have the best sleep last night.." (Y/N) explained. "Oh, I'm sorry." He said sheepishly. She giggled. "Don't apologize, it wasn't your fault." "Ok, I'm not sorry then." (Y/N) laughed, causing the boys to laugh as well. She yawned again, looking back out of her window "So, what exactly is the plan for stealing the cross?" She asked. "Well, Sully is going to get into the ballroom of the auction house, and he'll make his way upstairs to the upper floor, and let us in through one of the rooms....that's all we have so far." Nate explained. "Well it's more of a plan than we usually have." (Y/N) said. "How much longer till we get there?" "Bout an hour or so." Sam said, glancing momentarily down at the GPS before looking back up at the road. (Y/N) let her eyes flutter shut. "Good, wake me up when we get there." "Will do." Nathan said as she slowly fell into a peaceful sleep.

_______________________________________

"Catch up slowpoke!" (Y/N) shouted behind her, her motorcycle speeding down the road. She made a sharp right turn into an empty parking lot, and slowly came to a stop. "Aaaand I win again." She said as Sam pulled up next to her. He rolled his eyes. "Yeah, yeah...it's only because I gave you a head start." (Y/N) giggled. "I'm pretty sure what happened was you forgot to turn the engine on. It's not my fault that you're an idiot." "Oh you did not just say that." Sam said playfully, getting off of his motorcycle. "Oh I think I just did." She said, getting off of her bike as well. " Oh you're so gonna get it!" Sam lunged at her, tickling her sides. "ACH SAMMY NO-HAHAHAHAA-THAT'S NOT-HAHAHAHAHAHAHA-FAIR!!!" She shouted in between fits of laughter. They tumbled onto the ground, "OK! YOU WIN!" (Y/N) yelled. Sam stopped tickling her and rolled onto the ground beside her. They both gazed at the dark night sky above them, happy to be in each other's company. "Y'know, I don't even know how I'm supposed to tell him." (Y/N) sighed. "Sam, Nathan will understand that you need to take this job to support yourself, and eventually him. He might be a bit upset but he'll understand." She said. "But it's gonna suck not having my best friend in the world around for a whole year." Sam chuckled. "Yeah it will, but don't think of it as a year, think of it as twelve months." "Uh, and how exactly does that help?" "I dunno, it makes it feel like a shorter amount of time to me, I guess." He explained. (Y/N) sighed. "I'm gonna miss you." She said, reaching for his hand. He gave it a squeeze. "I know, I'll miss you too." She sighed again, "Hey, I have an idea, why don't we see Nathan tonight? We could tell him about how you found your mom's stuff, and maybe we can even work up to telling him about you leaving." (Y/N) suggested, standing back up. "You know what? Why not." Sam replied as they both got back on their motorcycles. "Wanna race?"
"You're on."

_______________________________________

"(Y/N) Wake up we're here."

(Y/N)'s eyes slowly opened. She yawned, stretching her arms. "Alright. Italy, here we come."

___________________________________________

Word Count: 1088