↳act one

▬▬▬ A C T O N E ; ▬▬▬𝑺𝑯𝑨𝑫𝑶𝑾

𝑺𝑯𝑨𝑫𝑶𝑾

근데 내 그림자는 되려 더 그저 나를 삼켜 괴물이 돼

⋆⋆⋆

▬▬▬35.0116° N, 135.7681° E

7681° E

▬▬▬35.8714° N, 128.6014° E

6014° E

▬▬▬8.3405° S, 115.0920° E

0920° E

⋆⋆⋆

"-J"

The girl looked up from her watch, confusion evident in her eyes as she clutched the strap of her backpack a little tighter.

"...huh?"

It would be a lie to say this was the first time she forgot to pay attention in the middle of a conversation, but it definitely was the first time she seemed this tense.

Well, to her defense, she did only have about 20 minutes left to live.

The man behind the counter rolled his eyes, leaning a bit closer so she wouldn't have to repeat herself again.

"The last flight to Kyoto for today. It's Gate J."

Like a lightbulb going off in her head she suddenly remembered why she was here at all and for the first time in a long time, she actually smiled.

"Thank you! How much would the ticket be-" She pulled the leather wallet out of her jeans, a few pennies falling to the floor in the process, though she didn't care about this at the moment.

"The flight took off 5 minutes ago, though." The booking clerk spoke.

The grey-haired girl looked back at him in shock, but sadly she didn't have time to be angry.

"Well, is...is there another flight?"

The booking clerk didn't even glance at the computer.

"No."

She blinked back in surprise, glancing down at her watch, she realised she had about 17 minutes left.

Taking a deep breath, she came to terms with the fact that walking away and finding a Plan B would be the smartest thing to do.

And then she turned around, "Listen here you motherf-"

7 minutes to live.

Standing in front of the airport she decided to dial the only number, besides that one Pizza Place down her street, that she knew by heart.

"H-Hakkun?"

He didn't respond, but she could hear his unsteady breathing, as if he had just been crying, and their unfixed tap that was leaking in the background.

"I just wanted to- to ask how everything is, you know, what did you do since-"

"Come home."

It was her turn to be quiet.

"You know I can't do that, Hak."

"Do it for me,...please," there was a desperation in his voice she never heard.

Usually she wasn't asked to stay, and it was just her luck that she could never return to the only person who did want her to.

"I'm sorry," was all she said and she meant it. And for a second she thought about just going back, about leaving all of this behind and living her life like she used to.

"So am I," he whispered, but with more venom in his voice. And then suddenly the sound of her broken tap was overshadowed by a man shouting, "We got her location, everybody move!"

Her eyes widened in shock, the realisation that she was discovered dawned on her.

Looking down at her watch, she cursed.

4 minutes left.

And though she wanted to run, it dawned on her that she had nothing to run to, nothing to gain and nothing to believe in.

So all she did was sit down on the bench on the other side of the airport. Waiting for whoever would find her first.

In this case, it was a marsh green 1975 AMC Pacer. The driver rolled down his window, just enough for her to see his brown hair and his eyes that looked like he lived a thousand lives before.

"Do you believe in Guardian Angels?" He asked, but he didn't wait for an answer, instead he just reached over to open the passenger seat door.

"Get in."

She smirked a bit, not hesitating to get up and though willingly getting into a marsh green AMC Pacer was really against any sort of morality she had left, she assumed it wasn't the time to be picky.

As much as she did want to go back, she couldn't, so she ran one last time and got into his car while she could hear the sirens of the police in the near distance.

Because if she didn't find anything other to believe in, she might as well believe in guardian angels.

⋆⋆⋆