thirteen ;

CHAPTER THIRTEEN ;
VENICE, THE CITY OF MISCHIEF

CHAPTER THIRTEEN ;VENICE, THE CITY OF MISCHIEF

if i can't have you | shawn mendes

Oh, I'm good at keepin' my distance
I know that you're the feelin' I'm missing

⋆⋆⋆

I thought I could tame the waves of craving for the tobacco, and I succeeded at first. Keeping the sea calm for the past month. But now, a storm in my mind caused the water to crash against the shore, cold and harsh with no mercy for anyone who dared to come to close, including me.

I bounced my foot hectically against the grating stair, my hands rubbing anxiously against each other, I looked around. Unsure, whether I wanted someone to find me or not.

And then someone did.

"I thought you wanted to stop?" His raspy voice spoke as he leaned against the metal column.

"I thought so too," I muttered, more to myself than to him. 

I took a long drag, savouring the scratching feeling in my throat, before slowly exhaling, blurring the vision in front of me and with that V's annoying smirk.

Until he sat down next to me, not that I would have noticed though, too caught up in the moment to register.

"Can I?" He asked and I passed the cigarette to him, still watching the smoke disappear into thin air.

"So... what are you doing here? Sulking all alone without your Lover Boy?"

I huffed at the name, on any normal day I would have called him out for it. Maybe even insulted, but today was not a normal day.

My mind kept on bringing me back to Hakkun, the way he called out to me, the way his voice sounded, there was so much going on in my head that I wanted nothing more than to run far away from all of this though it seemed like the only place was right here, next to the biggest asshole of them all.

I sighed as I looked over at him, he extinguished the stolen cigarette on the concrete floor in front of us, giving me one of his sheepishly innocent box smiles.

Venice was a nice boy somewhere deep down buried under all the alcohol, blood and drugs, I knew that. And in a twisted way, his very messed up mind made him into a walking comedy-drama. He had no filter at all and didn't shy away from anything, in most ways I thought he was one of the bravest people I had ever met and weirdly enough I hoped to be more like him but also never ever like him at the same time.

But with the boldness in his step, there was also pain hidden behind his eyes. A kind of pain I couldn't possibly ever understand, which made me fear just to how much Venice was truly capable of.