eleven ;

CHAPTER ELEVEN ;
RASH DECISIONS

everything black | unlike pluto

❞Shadows fall over my heart
I black out the moon

⋆⋆⋆

PABLO LEE wasn't liked by many. The list of complaints from his coworkers was long and at least a third of these complains were from none other than Jeon Jungkook himself.

Lee usually couldn't care less about the people that didn't like him and stopped counting by the time he was Colonel, but there was always something different about the golden boy of the police academy and Pablo thought he didn't deserve that nickname in the slightest.

He was mainly known for being the heartthrob of the headquarters, with his charming and innocent looks but his muscular and athletic built.

He was a natural at everything he tried, praised and used as an example for others by many chiefs and instructors and if not there wasn't a grade that was easily fixed with a pleading look and an apologetic smile. And not to forget his best friend, Choi Ara, who just happened to be the daughter of the chief he worked under and was desired by many of their coworkers, and what better way to charm a girl than by getting her best friend to lay in one or two good words for them.

Before Pablo got the position as Colonel, which he had worked for his whole life for, it was offered to Jungkook, who declined it, letting Lee have his dream job but also never missing a chance to remind him that he was their second choice.

No, Pablo really didn't believe Jeon had to work for a thing in his whole 23 years of existence and Lee would gladly go out of his way to make his life a little harder.

⋆⋆⋆

Jungkook couldn't believe his eyes as he watched various armoured trucks drive past him.

He tried to control his breathing, counting the seconds, but nothing could control the anger that was bubbling up in his chest, his head practically screaming at him to go back inside and slap Lee across the face.

His nails digging into his palms he muttered a small, "Fuck it," before stomping back into the tent.

Slamming his hands against the metal table, Jungkook watched as Lee's eyes slowly met his, at first confused but then a shit-eating grin that the Detective would have gladly liked to wipe off his face.

"What in the actual fuck?" Jungkook muttered under his breath.

Ara watched from the side and was scared for the vein on Jungkook's neck that seemed like it was going to burst any minute.

"I don't really know what you're going on about?" Lee asked, standing up straight, bragging with the fact that he was taller than Jungkook, which sadly didn't intimidate the brown-haired man.