Chapter 9

Jasmine's pov

I woke up to the sound of Pansy and Fredrick. I sat up and saw them wearing a towel on their hair and painting their nails green and red, respectively. I smiled at the sight and realized something. "I forgot to get a date!" The two looked at me in shock. "How in the hell do you forget something like that?!" "I don't know!" I shook my head to rid myself of the negative thoughts plaguing my mind. "I'll worry about it later. I have to get dressed." I hauled ass to get my dress, jewelery, and makeup on before the Head Girl came in to do my hair. Once she was done I looked at Fred's hair. I pointed my wand at his red locks and muttered a growing charm. His hair now reached the small of his back. He was so happy and thanked me profusely. "Shall we ladies, and neko?" "We shall." With me as the center of our three person party, we strutted into the Great Hall. George and Blaise walk over. "Freddy, you clean up so well." "You too Pans." I smiled softly and discreetly shoved them both into their date and sauntered off happily to the food. I got a drink of punch and nearly chocked on it when someone tapped my shoulder. It was a boy from Durmstrang. It wasn't Draco, but he was still in his Fourth Year. "Hello." "Hello, can I help you?" "My name is Aaron Gray. I'm a Fourth Year at Durmstrang." "You are a very beautiful person." "Thanks, I guess? You know, people would normally be jumping all over me trying to get an Autograph." "Why?" "Were you at the Quiddich World Cup?" "Yes, but only because my friend's little brother was on the Bulgarian team." "I'm on the Bulgarian team as well. I'm a Chaser." "Awesome. I'm on the Slytherin Team as the Seeker." "Nice. Who's your friend's brother?" "Fredrick Malfoy. His little brother is Draco Malfoy." "Cool. I didn't catch your name?" "I didn't give it." "May I have it?" "Jasmine Rosewood-Snape." "So you are the Potter girl I've heard about." My hair went bright red. "My name is Rosewood-Snape. Not Potter." "My bad. I like your name. It's gorgeous." "Thank you." "It is time for the Champions dance." I panicked and looked at him. "Can you dance?" "Yes." "Good." I quickly grabbed his arm and brought him to the dance floor. The music stated playing and he immediately took control. We fell into line with the other Champions. I swear I saw Papa glare at Aaron. The dance concluded and he left for a drink. I felt a tap on my shouder. I turned around and received a blow to my left cheek. "How dare you dance with my man!" I held my aching cheek. The music and everyone was really loud so no one heard the girl. I looked at her. She was from Beauxbatons with blonde hair, blue eyes, and an upturned nose. "Look I don't want your man. I needed to dance with someone, and he just so happened to be there." "Pathetic." She walked off. I ignored her for the most part and just enjoyed the Ball. Draco danced with me, Pansy, Blaise, Fredrick and Georgian with the Weird Sisters started playing.

I stood in Papa's office, still in my dress. "May I have this dance?" I turn around and saw Papa wearing dress robes. I smiled brightly at him. "You may." Our daddy-daughter dance lasted until Professor McGonagall came to retrieve Papa. "Severus," she paused to admire the scene in front of her, "Headmaster needs to speak with you." Papa left leaving me with her. "U-um, thank you for reaching me the waltz." "It was nothing. That was such a beautiful thing I walked in on." I was a blushing mess as I ran through the halls. I bumbed into Cedric and almost fell over. "Need to lay off the been sprouts, Bean Sprout." "Haha very funny. Have you figured out your egg yet?" "No. It hurts my ears." "Right, dragon hearing. Well try putting it under water. The password to the Prefect's Bath is Pinefresh." "Thanks." I hugged him good night and made my way to my room.

After getting dressed, I pulled a towel, nightgown, underwear, slippers, and the obsurd egg from my trunk and started heading for the bath. I said the password and walked in, only to see the Slytherin Head Girl, Mary Benedict, soaking. "What are you doing here Miss Rosewood?" "Sorry! Cedric told me to put my egg underwater to decipher it. I'm so sorry for intruding!" "Think nothing of it. You are one of my Snakes; a Forth Year Hatchling. This is my final year at Hogwarts. Give me a show worth watching." "Okay?" "Undress and soak with me."  "Alright." I undressed and sat in the water next to her. I brought my egg over and put it underwater. "Open it." I did so and we dunked our heads under the water.

"Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground,
While you're searching ponder this,
We've taken what you'll surely miss,
An hour long you'll have to look,
And recover what we took,
But past the hour,
The prospects black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back"

A beautiful voice resonated from the egg telling all the clues for the second task. "The Black Lake." "What?" "The Lake. I'm there all the time. The merpeople. The will be something that they will hold in their kingdom." "Rosewood, how are you so sure of that?" "Merpeople cannot not sing above the water. It sounds like horrific screeches. There is a charm that preserves objects and humans that lasts exactly one hour. We have to figure out how to swim to the merpeople's kingdom and retrieve something important to us. Any ideas?" "Bubble head charm, advanced transfiguration, gilly weed." "I'll use Gilly Weed. It lasts for an hour, but I'll up the normal dose for an hour and a half just in case. I'm sure Papa won't mind me using his stash." "Alright. Now to figure out what their taking." "I don't think it matters, as long as it isn't a human." "You never know with that old coot."

After the bath, we started heading to the common rooms. "Halt!" We turned slightly and saw Professor McGonagall walking toward us. "What are you doing up this late at night Miss Rosewood?!" "My apologies Professor McGonagall. I had her helping me and lost track of time." "Ah Miss Benedict. Alright. Just hurry along to your dorm." "Yes Professor."

When I woke up, Mary was standing above my bed with a one piece swimsuit, Slytherin colors, and a big handful of Gilly Weed. "Hurry Everyone is there." I never had gotten dressed so fast in my life.

Turns out, that Fleur was the last one to show up; fifteen minutes after me. We were standing on a dock and we dived into the lake. I stuffed my face with the Golly Weed, and I sprouted webbing for my fingers and toes, a protecting covering for my eyes, and gills. I released my wings and glided through the water. I had the advantage in this challenge. No one knew the Black Lake better than me. I knew what areas were dangerous and safe. I took the safest and most secluded route and saw the kingdom. I smelt that everyone else was several kilometers away, but Fleur's scent was above water. I saw what was being held under water and paled. Papa, a little blonde haired girl, Luna Lovegood, and Cho Chang. I saw Cedric and nodded toward Cho. Victor came over and took Luna. I cut the little girl's robe and Papa's rope. I then transformed. I was a now in the form of a Norwegian Ridgeback about the size of a Ford Angela. I held both Papa and the girl woth both of my front paws/claws, and swam to the surface. I flew to the dock and set them down before transforming back. Papa was already awake and immediately covered me with his robes before anyone could see me. I was in first, Victor second, Cedric third, and Fleur last. "Thank you for saving Gabrielle!" Fleur hugged me tightly and went back to her sister. "You did such a good job Jasmine." "Thank you Papa."

Vote, comment, and have a fantabulous day💖💖😄😄
1424 words
Enjoy