6

Jay's POV

The whole car ride home I was going crazy thinking of what I was supposed to say to Bey when I saw her. Hopefully she'd be asleep and I'd have until the morning to get my mind right.

I used my key to open the door to the townhouse and all the lights were off.

Suddenly, the lights turned on and I jumped a little bit.

I saw Bey sitting on the couch with her phone in one hand and a glass of D'ussé in the other.

She didn't even say anything, she just stared at me as tears streamed down her face. My heart was really breaking seeing her like this. There was nothing I hated more than seeing her cry, and knowing that I'm the reason for her pain made it even worse.

I swallowed hard, "Bey-"

She cut me off. "Why you ain't call me back?" she asked me lowly, just above a whisper.

"I'm sorry, I just turned on my phone," I said.

"Why didn't you come home the last two nights?" she said calmly. Her calmness was honestly freaking me out more than anything.

"You told me to leave, I was just tryna do what you wanted," I answered, trying my best to think on my feet.

She drank the rest of the D'ussé in her glass before throwing it against the wall and breaking it. "I didn't tell you to disappear for two fucking days!" she shouted. Okay, now the calmness was definitely gone.

"Listen, I wanted to give you some space...I thought we could both use it," I said, coming over to sit next to her.

"What is her name...tell me that bitches name," she said, angrily.

"What are you talking about, Bey?" I asked, trying to play dumb.

"You we're gone for two days and I can smell another woman's fragrance on you, don't play dumb!" she said, standing up.

"I stayed at a hotel last night, and then I was at the club tonight. There were plenty of women there so I wouldn't be surprised if someone's fragrance rubbed off on me," I said, noting that technically all of that was true.

"I try to deny it, I try to think the best of you but I can't help but keep wondering...are you cheating on me?"

"Beyoncé, that's crazy," I said. Again, technically not a lie. Cheating on her was crazy, but here I was doing it.

She started sobbing harder and harder. "I can't keep doing this with you Shawn! Do you know how I've felt every single day since I heard that woman in the background when I was on the phone with you? Jealous....and crazy. But I think the worst part is that I'm being walked all over by you lately and I can't take it. I don't deserve this. I love you so much. No bitch at the club loves you like I love you, so why are you treating me like this?"