First Letter

As soon as Valarie got back to London she was eager to write to Michael but it was too late and she knew her dad would question why she was running off. Valarie walked into the house and went into the kitchen where she knew dinner would soon be served.
"How was Birmingham today Darling?" questioned Alfie.
"Alright" replied Valarie. She wanted to tell her dad about Michael but she knew she couldn't.
"Oh okay. Well how was the bookshop? Did you get a new book?" asked Alfie while placing a plate of food in front of Valarie. Valarie didn't feel hungry so she just stared at her food and pushed it around her plate.
"Yes dad I got a new book" Valarie said to her dad.
"Well..." said Alfie wanting more information from his daughter.
"Oh sorry. I got The Professor by Charlotte Bronte" Valarie said rather quickly.
"Are you alright Darling?" Alfie questioned.
"Yes dad I'm fine just tiered" Valarie sighed.
Valarie was absolutely fine she just couldn't get Michael out of her head.
"Well why don't you go to bed then Darling" suggested Alfie.
Valarie just nodded her head and said goodnight to her dad.

As soon as he knew Valarie couldn't hear him Alfie let out a huge sigh. He didn't know what was wrong with his daughter. All he knew was that she wasn't acting like this before going to Birmingham.

The moment Valarie saw her bed she dived on it and just lay there. She knew she should get ready for bed but she couldn't bring herself to, the young girl was too busy thinking of what she was going to write to Michael in the morning. Valarie didn't know what she was going to write to Michael, all that she knew was that she had to buy a fancy new letter set in the morning. With those thoughts in her head and a smile on her face Valarie drifted off into a peaceful slumber.

While in Birmingham, Michael was sat in his small dimly lit office after everyone had gone home. He was going to write a letter to Valarie. Even though he didn't have her address he was going to write a letter each week then send them once he got an address. The only thing was Michael didn't know what to put or how to start the letter.

The young Peaky Blinder sat with his thoughts for a few minutes then eventually he put pen to paper. 

After about an hour Michael had the perfect letter to Valarie. All he had to do now was wait for a letter from Valarie.

Early the next morning in London Valarie Solomons shot up out of her bed in a hurry to get dressed. She had to get a letter set so she could write to Michael. In a frantic panic Valarie threw on some clothes and raced downstairs to meet her dad for breakfast.

Valarie wasn't even hungry that morning as she was too excited to get a letter set and start writing to Michael. However, Valarie knew that if she didn't eat something it would cause suspicion among her dad.  
"What's your plan for today then Darling?" Alfie asked with curiosity in his voice.
What was Valarie meant to say?. That she was going to rush to the shop to get a letter set to write a letter to a man from Birmingham that she has only spoken to for a few minutes.
"Just going to the shops, then I'm going to come home and read some of my new book that I got yesterday"
"That sounds alright. Do you need any money?" asked Alfie.
"I'm alright but thank you for the offer" replied Valarie.

Later that morning Valarie was on her way to the shops with a spring in her step. It didn't take her long to get there as she didn't live too from the main part of town.
Valarie's journey came to a stop when she reached the shop in town that sold random everyday items. Valarie entered the small shop and headed straight for the stationery. Instantly she found the right one. It had A4 paper in with a bunch of sunflowers in the corner and matching envelopes. The young girl rushed to pay for the letter set along with some stamps. Once she paid she raced home and ran upstairs to her bedroom. 

Valarie didn't know what she was going to write but she knew she couldn't write it on her best paper just yet.

While sat at her desk Valarie wrote countless different letters until she wrote the perfect one. 

Dear Michael,
                           I hope you are pleased to hear from me. I couldn't wait to write to you. Thank you again for the book I'm about to start reading it and I look foreword in doing so. I thought that your message in the front was sweet and I also thought the way you spoke about books was fascinating. How is it in Birmingham?. The journey to London wasn't too bad, a bit boring but overall alright. I also hope to keep in contact with you. I have also enclosed my address.

Yours Sincerely
Valarie Solomons 

Valarie neatly wrote the letter out on a piece of paper from her letter set, sealed the envelope and posted it.

Valarie just wondered when she would heard back from Micheal.