Post-Reveal pilot part 1

"As for his sister, Lena Luthor, no response. Lex Luthor will be buried in the National City crime grave in the land of 'iron heights' prison"...

Kara turned off the TV. She sat next to Alex, who was pouring wine for both of them.

"Have you and Lena talked lately?" she asked

"No, not much" kara answered

"Did something happen?" Alex could notice that Kara was a little upset,

"Are you two okay?"

"Yes, of course, we are" kara lied. In fact, she and Lena haven't talked in months now.

"Kara.." Alex was suspicious

"Everything is fine, I just don't want to bother her at work... She's probably busy, that's all" kara said, not believing for a second that that was the case.

"Come on, I know you," Alex said, kara looked at the floor,

"You're going through something," she leaned over to see kara's face. Kara started to play with her fingers nervously,

"It's just... She hasn't called me or even texted... We didn't see each other for a long time and she doesn't seem to care. I mean it's like she's a ghost"

Alex's expression changed, "that is not okay. And it's also not very like her. you two are very close friends. if she didn't call, maybe you should try to talk to her?... Check that everything is okay?"

Kara looked at her sister and nodded, "I will".

Alex finished her glass and stood up," I gotta go, Kelly is waiting for me. I promised her I will come home early today"

Kara giggled. She had a big silly smile all over her face

"shut up," Alex said and walked out of the apartment.

\\Later\\

Kara was standing outside of Lena's office. The door was locked.

She knocked.
no, response.

She knocked again.
still, no response.

"Lena, it's me, are you there?" she asked.

Yes, Lena was there, drinking every drop of wine she had in the many bottles on her desk.

"Lena, please, we haven't talked in a while, I'm worried about you"
Lena didn't feel like answering. She moved a player on her chessboard and finished her glass.

Kara looked through the door and saw her best friend, she did not expect to see her behaving this strangely.

"I heard of the new project you have been working on. Obsidian North, isn't it? Would you tell me about it?" she tried to get her to talk.

"So you are here as a reporter..?" Lena finally answered. She was looking right through the door, into kara's eyes, like she knew kara was looking at her too.

"No Lena, of course not," Kara said, " I'm here to check on you. I feel like something happen between us ever since... Well ever since you killed Lex..."

Lena moved another player on the board. Lex's death was still very confusing.

"Lena just open up, I only want to talk" kara begged.

Lena kept moving the players on the board, like she was trying to tease her. Kara wasn't sure in what way.

"Lena, please open the door!" kara practically yelled.

Lena got up from the couch. She walked to the door and put both of her hands on it.
For a second, kara forgot the door was there and placed her hands right where Lena's were. Lena was staring at the door.

She knew kara was looking at her back, and so she was staring at her, disappointed.

Kara wasn't sure what to do now. All she wanted to do was to touch Lena's hands, to feel them. Not the cold metal door.
Lena took her hands off the door and stepped back.

"Sorry kara, I can't do that," she said and went back to her desk,

"Lena, I just want to know what's wrong" Kara didn't give up,

Lena poured some more wine to her glass, "go away kara" she drank it all at once, "and don't bother to come back "

Kara's eyes burned with tears. Her phone rang. there was an emergency at the DEO, she had to leave.
The blond confused girl took her glasses off, changed to her Supergirl outfit, and flew away, not letting the tears fall.