Crash

Alex was standing out of her sister's apartment. She already knocked several times so all she could do was wait outside for the Kryptonian to open up. Unlike usually, she was dropping on her without prior notice. Kara didn't mind though. Once she saw that it was her sister behind the door, she opened it with a slight smile of surprise.

"Kara, hey", Alex mumbled and walked inside. She noticed that Kara was talking on the phone with excitement.

"Yes, I'll be there tomorrow, thank you," she hanged up and smiled at her sister, reaching in to hug her.

"Who was that?" Alex asked with a laugh and hugged Kara back.

"That was our new boss at Catco... I explained what happened with Snapper and apologized, and not only that he said it was okay and told me to come back as soon as I can, but he also claimed that he thinks I should work on my own now!" Kara ‏grinned with a blush, which was very odd, considering the events that happened not so long ago.

"He was so nice!"

"That does sound very nice of him", Alex told her and walked to the kitchen, "I'm glad you got your job back".

Something about her smile seemed suspicious, but Kara didn't give it much of a thought and sat on the couch with relief,

"I ordered pizza and pot-stickers. Don't worry, there'll be enough for the both of us", she giggled, "I had a good night of sleep last night too, See?? I told you everything will get back to normal", she told her, trying to sound as positive as she could.

But Alex didn't believe that smiling face she had on. Something was still bothering her and she had the feeling that it had to do with the reason she came to see Kara in the first place. So she walked towards the couch with a soft, yet a little nervous smile.

"Have you talked to Lena?" She asked and sat next to Kara.

"I did actually", the blonde surprised her, "and she let me in this time... sort of". She remembered at their conversation and bit her lower lip, as her body became restless. She tried to find a way to describe it to Alex as a good thing, but still, she couldn't hide the disappointment and pain she was feeling. That irritating sadness that was itching her down her throat was just waiting to finally burst out and destroy everything she thought she had figured out, herself and her friendship with Lena included...

"And..?" She let out, snapping Kara out of her thoughts.

"Oh umm, well, we talked. I revealed to her as much as I could from the truth", the Kryptonian said, "she deserved to get at least a little from me... but it seemed like she couldn't handle it... She didn't want to hear it. It was like our relationship-"

Kara stopped once she heard her words.

Relationship? There was no relationship. There was barely a friendship.

"Like our relationship meant nothing to her... It doesn't seem like she wants to rebuild it", Kara let out, despite her thoughts, and moved closer to Alex.

Her sudden move made Alex freak. She wasn't sure why. Maybe it was what she was trying to figure out how to say so badly, or maybe it was just something about Kara that seemed to confuse her. But whatever it was, it made her panic enough so she immediately got up and stood in front of her younger sister, playing with her fingers and looking down on the floor.

"Your relationship... yeah that's- that is actually what I wanted to talk to you about".

"Oh... Okay, shoot", Kara answered with surprise.

"The last time we talked, you described Lena in a very specific way... a way that I once could relate to", Alex started. She was nervous. So nervous, and she wasn't even sure if she was doing it right. She considered the fact that she might have been even a little afraid of her sister's reaction.