【tranquility » souma yukihira】

anime: food wars

Today is my first day at Totsuki Culinary Academy. If you will ask me, I don't even know how I passed their exam since those stundents who entered here are high class and make presentable dishes that meet the standards of the Elite Ten and other instructors.

Well not most of the time, because not everyone who is in this school are really great at cooking. If you are confident enough with the dish you made, you shouldn't be. Every people here who's grading the meal are strict and have no lenience nor considerations.

That is why I am both anxious yet electrified to enter this prestigous school so that I will be able improve a lot more when it comes to cooking and as a person. I want to be a successful chef in the near future.

I now get ready to pack my things and grab my school uniform. Today I will be walking alone since my girl best friend did not make it sadly.

My mom hugged me tightly before I left, she gave me a warm kiss and said, "Good luck, dear."

That is when the time I waved good bye to her and left a big smile.

I was now walking in this street. It will be crowded once the restaurant...

"Y/N! Wait for me." I was interrupted and speaking of the devil, it is my childhood friend, Souma Yukihira.

The son of the owner of Yukihira restaurant. It was famous because of it's delicious dishes and since my Souma's been with his father ever since, he learned how to cook and even plan to beat his him someday which is I think - impossible.

The reason I got interested in cooking was because of him. Whenever we have a spare him, he invites me to come over and watch him cook. Usually, I was just there to taste the finish product of his practice cooking. As time goes by, I learned how to cook and even beat Souma once according to his dad. Memories.

"Excited?" He asked me.

I nodded uncertainly while he fixed his something from my uniform. "What are you-" he interrupted me and asid that there's a speck of dust on it that is why he had to fix it. To make me look presentable.

"You're gonna do best, Y/N." He held my cheeks and gave me and earnest look. I thanked him shyly while in a moment, he started squeezing it.

He always tease me whenever we are together and I am used to it. Ever since we are a child, he always put something spicy from the food he made. I don't like spicy things. He always put some other stuffs he knew I wouldn't like just to make fun of me.

"Stop that, Souma! We're gonna be late." Once he stopped, he grabbed my hand and started running fast that I could even catch up.

~time skip~

Once we arrived at our school. I painted hard, trying to get an oxygen.

"You are really crazy!" I stated while I try to fix my hair. It was a complete mess after.

"Yeah~ for you." He mumbled while I aksed him asked him again to repeat it since I didn't understand what he said.

"Ahh- nothing, nothing. Let's go we are gonna be late." He said while he gave me a wink after we left.

I just rolled my eyes and followed his lead.

My first subject is with Isshiki. One of the Elite Ten Council, currently at the seventh nine.

I followed Souma's lead who happened to be thrilled to showcase his talent in cooking. He's been so confident with it and everything seems unbothered to him. Unfortunately, we have different classes. Souma will be at the next room to mine. Meaning, I am all alone.

I started feel nervous. "What if I didn't pass? What if they kick me out, what if..." I kept mumbling out of knowhere since the outcome of this might be bad.

"Just do your best, Y/N. I know you can do it." Someone held my hand that turns out to Be Souma. I looked straight at him and I could feel a drop of tears coming out of my eyes. He gently wiped it and wrapped his arms around mine while caressing my hair. It feels so nice to be calmer than before. All thanks to him.

"Th- thank you." I stuttered, but then he nuzzled my head that made me a bit of pissed. "Souma...!" He ran away while he peeked through the door and gave me a thumbs up.

"The main dish is Egg." He shouted out loud that made a commotion through the entire room.

Everyone started grabbing their ingredients and me on the other hand couldn't move my legs. I shook my head and tapped my face and by that time. I try to recall why I am here, to make my parents proud and to be a successful person.

Everytime the main dish is Egg, I always make what my parents thought me when I got hooked in cooking. A simple yet elegant dish. What's different was I try to add some twist to it to make it more edible and appealing. Especially now that I am here at this academy.

I heat the fryer, grabbed the ingredients and started the cooking. I wonder what Souma was doing on the other room. 'He's probably gonna ace it.' That's what I thought.

After that, I added something that will finished off my dish and started garnishing it. It was my turn to present my dish and while walking towards her, I could feel the tension all over inside me.

He sliced a piece of it and eat it. After examining and tasting it. An unexpected response was said. "There's something lacking, but this dish is really good! Congratulations, you passed."

That made me sighed in relief. Finally after almost two hours, all my hard work paid off.

-time skip-
school ended

It was almost one hour and so I decided to sat under the big old tree near at our school since I was waiting for Souma. Did he passed the test or what? What am I thinking. Of course he did. I tried to gazed the beautiful sunset since it was almost to be replaced by moon.

After that, I closed my eyes to rest for a while. In just a moment, I felt someone laid beside me. So I tilted my head and opened my eyes slowly. It was once again, Yukihira Souma.

"How did you do?" I gasped and widened my eyes since his face only an inch away from me. "I- I passed, how about you?" I embarrassingly averted my eyes towards him.

He started grabbing my hand that made it intertwined. My heart started beating faster and faster. My cheeks are also turning reddish, I could feel it.

"I also passed." He said, still holding my hand. I don't know what to response and that gloomy atmosphere lasted for about a minute.

"Y/N?" He asked me calmly and detached himself up from laying on the grass. I hummed and looked at him.

He wrapped his arms around me and I just froze from the moment. I couldn't understand what was he doing.

"Thank you for everything. For staying by my side ever since. Thank you." He left those words rubbing my back. He slowly pulled out and held my cheeks massaging it. He was looking at me and my lips and then gave in.

He slowly kissed my lips and I did not resist all all. He was with me until now and I couldn't blame ourselves if we developed some feelings towards each other. He is kind and cares about me a lot. He saved me countless times and I am thankful for that.

He pulled out as we rested each other's forehead and laughed awkwardly. "I never thought I'll like you. I'm glad I did. "

"You really are crazy, Souma."

"Do I have to repeat it?" I was confused but he added, " Yes. I am. For you."

That made me blush and embarrassed at the same time.

I hope you liked it!! Please vote if you do! Let me know your thoughts by commenting so that I can improve it:) Thanks!