Chapter 5: Follow the Rules; Rules Were Made to be Broken

Okay so I actually had a lot of trouble coming up with a title for this chapter so I'm sorry if it's not good.

Warning: Birdflash fluff and Batfam drama as well as an angry Bruce Wayne

Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Dick POV

I wake up to a warm solid surface against my back, a pair of arms wrapped around my waist, and soft snoring in my ear.

I see the bright light around my room, the puffy white comforter, and the soft gentle sounds of Wally's breathing in my ear.

I stretch a little and turn over, pressing my side into Wally's chest. I smell his faded cologne, a light manly touch. The fabric softener he uses, the old spice shampoo he stole from Jason's room when he took a shower yesterday. I smile lightly and snuggle close to him, taking his warmth.

His warm safe arms wrap around me, his fingers running over my sides and one across my back now as I stuff my face from the light into his shoulder. "Mmm" I groan lightly as I stretch a leg out. "Walls...?"

I open my eyes a little more. "...Wally..." I hum happily.

"Wait... What... Wally!" I sit up a little to look at him clearly.

'He's so handsome, it makes my heart stutter. His hands are so warm around me.'

"Mmm Dick, shut up and go back to sleep...."

I gasp a little, my heart pounding. "W-Walls...W-Wake up...please...?" I squeak a little the more I speak.

Wally cracks a green eye open and gives me an annoyed look. "I woke up in the middle of the night....morning....something...and you were shivering like crazy. I was too tired and lazy to go try and find another blanket so I just used my own body heat to warm you up."

I blush wildly. "Th-Thanks Wally... I... Thanks..." I look away.

"Mhmm.... No thanks needed.... Now shut up and go back to sleep." He starts to tug me back down still watching me with a single eye. "Seriously dude it's only 6:30, and now I'm starting to get cold. Why the heck do you even keep your room so freezing." He grumbles and shuts both his eyes again.

My face feels warm. "O-Oh Okay..." I let him pull me down and I snuggle close to him, welcoming his heat. "I-I don't keep it that cold... I don't really have control of the thermostat..."

He buries his face in my shoulder and mumbles tiredly. "Dude that is such bullshit. You're room is like the coldest one in this place."

I smile lightly. "I think it is just because you are warmer on a cellular level... Your cells move so fast that you just..." I quiet down when I look at his handsome face.

His eyes are open again and looking at me. "No, your room is just ridiculously cold. I bet you keep it this way so all the ladies cuddle up to you, huh?" He has a sleepy teasing smirk on his face.

"Well I'm sorry to ruin your fantasies, but I don't cuddle with anyone. If you want to fix this problem you'll have to discuss that with Alfred." I sigh and close my eyes hoping deep down that he is watching me, though I know he is most likely too sleepy to give me that snarky look he always does.

"Ha! You not cuddling with anyone? That is the biggest lie I have ever heard Richard Grayson."

"Well, aside from you... no one...." I shrug lightly.

"Wow...I'm thoroughly impressed. You actually just admitted to your own lie."

"Ha, you caught me..." I say quietly, turning away from him a little.