@.@

Jimin's breath hitches, abruptly dropping the mask in his hands as if it burned him.

He takes a few steps back, hands tugging his own hair as he starts drowning in denial and frustration.

No!
Jimin's mind screams in pure dismay.

Jungkook can't be Phantom! He would never kill anyone! He isn't like that!!

Jungkook, on the other hand, is frozen with shock.

He can't believe that he fought his own hyung.

He can't believe that he almost killed him.

What if Jimin wasn't fast and strong enough to stop him from driving the knife into his chest?

What if Jimin died because of him?

Jungkook would never be able to live with himself.

Jimin finally regains some of his composure and looks up from the ground, face terribly flushed.

"You."
Jimin hisses, tears building up in his eyes as his chest heaves from his mental breakdown just a few seconds ago.

It hurts knowing that the one you loved after all these years was killing people for a living.

"I can't believe you're a fucking murderer."

Jungkook flinches at his harsh words.

He never thought that Jimin would speak to him this way.

"Jimin, I-"

"Why did you kill Taemin hyung?"
Jimin asks suddenly.

His tone is laced with anger, grief, desperation, and also the slightest bit of curiosity.

Jungkook's mouth goes dry at the painful question and his mind can't seem to function properly enough to create an answer.

"Hyung, please-"

"Answer the goddamn question, Jungkook!"
Jimin practically screams, his temper going off again.

"Why did you murder Taemin? You knew how important he was to me!!"

Jungkook looks away, face filled with sorrow and guilt.

Jimin raised his voice at him. That had never happened before.

"He.."
Jungkook starts hesitantly, not knowing how to continue.

He sees Jimin's pained eyes, and it breaks him a little more on the inside because he knows that he was the one who caused it.

"He saw my face during one of my missions and tried to arrest me. I couldn't let that happen. I'm sorry for killing him. I know how much he meant to you."

His voice breaks at the end and Jimin absolutely hates it.

Jimin hates the fact that he loves the younger so much he can't bring himself to hate him.

"Who do you work with?"
Jimin asks.

It's important for him to find out who the younger worked with.

Then he could beat the shit out of them for making his boyfriend kill innocent souls.

Jungkook shakes his head, worrying his bottom lip in between his teeth.

His eyes are still cast downwards, and Jimin can't help but let out a small tsk.

Since when did the floor become more appealing to his lover than him?

"I don't work for anybody. I work alone."

"Agent Park,"
A voice suddenly booms in his ear.

Chief Kang!

"Chief--!"
Jimin accidentally half-exclaims, and Jungkook's head immediately snaps up in his direction at the sound.

"I heard everything, agent Park. Where are you? I'm sending the team there."

"That's not necessary, sir. I can handle him myself."

"No, agent Park. I will send the others to take him down. Now, where are you--"

"You're going to kill him?"
Jimin asks, his heart filling with dread.

"I thought you said to catch him, dead or alive?"

"There has been a change of plans."
His chief states sternly.

"Tell me where you are, agent."

Jimin knows that what he's about to do is going to be considered as defying the Chief's orders.

He knows that he should have answered like the good agent he is, but when it comes to Jungkook, he's willing to sacrifice it all.

His hand grabs the gun he'd slipped into the waistband of his jeans and pulls it out.

He stares at it for a good second, knowing that he needs to do this.

Guns are only used when there are no other options left.

And this time, he really ran out of options.

"Jungkook,"
Jimin calls out urgently.

Jungkook looks at him silently with an (irritatingly) innocent lost and dumbfounded expression, urging him to continue his words.

"Agent Park, what are you doing?"

Jimin ignores the questioning and walks up to Jungkook.

He hands his gun to the younger who accepts it slowly and walks back to his original spot.

"Agent Park!! Whatever you're doing, I order you to stop--"
Jimin rips the earpiece off his ear and harshly steps on it with his shoe like it was some kind of insect, instantly breaking it into pieces.

He's a bit surprised at himself since he usually is an obedient person.

His life revolves around rules.

But for Jungkook, he's willing to make an exception.

He looks at Jungkook only to find that the younger is already watching him closely as if he is trying to read him.

The younger looks genuinely confused.

He doesn't know why Jimin suddenly offered him his gun.

"Jimin, what--"

"Shoot me."

-***-

Edited 29/9

2/11