u.u

XX/XX/20XX

3.00 a.m.,

Infirmary, medical wing, secret agent headquarters, Seoul, Korea.

Jungkook groans as he opens his eyes, trying to adjust his vision to the dimly lit room.

He looks around, trying to recognize his surroundings, but he doesn't remember ever coming here in the past.

He tries to move his right hand to run his fingers through his hair, but he instantly realizes that something is grabbing onto his hand.

He's greeted by a head of silver hair resting on the edge of the bed.

Jimin?

The older male seems to be asleep, his hand gently holding Jungkook's as he slept.

Jungkook internally melts at how innocent and peaceful the older male looks.

He tries to pull his hand away as carefully as he can, but unfortunately, Jimin is a light sleeper.

Before Jungkook can do anything, Jimin's eyes were already open and he is looking at Jungkook with wide eyes.

He looks as if he'd just seen a ghost.

Jungkook snorts at his sudden thought, but immediately passes it off as a really vicious cough as the older's face turns into one of slight confusion.

In a split second, Jungkook finds himself in the older's warm embrace, the latter's face buried into the crook of his neck.

"Oh my God, Jungkookie. You're okay."
Jimin says, voice muffled by the younger's neck.

Jungkook hugs him back and they stay like that for a minute before breaking the hug.

Once they do, Jungkook realizes that Jimin's eyes are, surprisingly, filled with tears.

Jimin rarely cries in front of him.

"Hyung,"
He laughs gently, reaching over to wipe away the older's tears with his thumb.

"Why are you crying, hm?"

Jimin lets out a choked sob as his tears keep on coming.

Damn tears for not wanting to stop, he curses to himself.

"I was so scared for you. I thought I lost you back there."
Jimin says, his voice quivering at the end.

Jungkook feels a bit sorry for his teary eyed hyung.

He's the one who made him scared, after all.

He boops their noses together as a sign of comfort, loving the way Jimin giggles despite his tears.

"It's going to take more than a single bullet to take me away from you, Ji."
Jungkook says lovingly as he looks at his boyfriend with adoration.

"Maybe two bullets will kill me, though."
Jungkook adds as an afterthought.

That earns him a weak punch on the shoulder.

"You asshole."
Jimin says through gritted teeth, but Jungkook knows that there's no harshness behind those words.

"You're never getting hit by a bullet ever again."

Jungkook chuckles lightly before a question that he'd been meaning to ask from the moment he woke up starts nagging at the back of his mind.

"Where am I, by the way?"

Jimin's face drops at the question.

He'd hoped that the question would  miraculously slip from the younger's mind

"My company's HQ. My chief let my team and I bring you here to treat your wound."
He mumbles, not looking at the younger's face.

"Am I going to get in trouble?"
Jungkook asks calmly.

Jimin's surprised at how calm he is.

He looks like he's not fazed at all.

"I won't let them touch you."
Jimin says in determination.

"I'm the best they have. They'll listen to me."

Jungkook laughs, although this one seems to lack humour in it.

"Didn't know my small mochi had such a big influence on others."

He says it with a light tone, but Jimin understands the meaning behind his words.

The silver haired male grips the hospital blanket on Jungkook's bed, making eye contact to try and make the younger see the sincerity and determination he's revealing in his eyes.

"Jungkook, I know that this seems like a bad thing for you, but I swear with my life that I won't ever let them do anything to you."

Jungkook's eyes hold some sort of emotion that Jimin can't identify.

He looks like he's about to laugh and cry at the same time.

But he doesn't do any of that.

Instead, he takes Jimin's hand in his and raises it to his face, resting it on his cheek.

Jimin watches as Jungkook nuzzles his cheek into the warmth of his hand, heart fluttering in his chest at the younger's gesture.

Jungkook's done this before, but only on rare occasions where he couldn't trust his own voice to speak.

This gesture, as Jimin knows, has a meaning behind it.

'I trust you with all my heart.'

And as he gazes at the younger who has his eyes closed, he's sure that they can get through anything as long as they're together.

-**-
Edited 9/10
2/11